Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2011, 09:35 PM   #1

Air Leveling problem

Need help with air leveling system problem

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2011, 09:55 PM   #2

Description of coach and issue? What make and model is your leveling system?

Old 08-30-2011, 10:28 PM   #3

it is a 2005 Beaver Monterey
Old 08-30-2011, 11:34 PM   #4

Every time I turn the key on, it blows the 7.5 amp fuse in the left front main wiring panel. ordered and installed new leveling key pad, but still have the same problem. Any suggestions?
Old 08-31-2011, 12:35 AM   #5

Have you contacted the chassis manufacturer; Spartan, Freightliner; for wiring diagrams. Who sudjested the key pad ? On my old coach the air leveling, suspension, is all automatic, only key pad is on the hydraulic leveling system, and I didn't think those compomants had changed too much.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:14 AM   #6

The mfg of the chasis is roadmaster wich in turn is made by monaco, some of monacos coaches came with air, hyraulic and even both types of leveling systems. What is the serial # of the coach so I can pull your spec sheet in the morning, does the fuse blow with the touch pad, disconnected and what is the fuse location (ex. F6, F7.......)
Old 08-31-2011, 09:35 PM   #7

I am assuming you are talking about the fuse in the hwh control box. If it is the 7.5amp travel fuse on the large board (motherboard) the board is bad, you can send the whole box to them and they will repair it, not sure of cost off hand. Just unplug and dismount box, If the fuse is on 1 of the smaller boards then you have a bad valve on 1 of the travel manifolds. Possibility of a pinched or damaged harness as well. !!!!!!! I strongly reccomend you do not get under any air ride coach without properly supporting the frame first!!!!!!!!! That does not mean wood blocks or hydraulic leveling jacks. Either a pit, properly rated lift or jack and jackstand will be needed to access travel valves or harnesses.hope this helps
Old 08-31-2011, 10:20 PM   #8

Thanks for your response. The seriel # of my coach is 1RFC9564351034289. The box I am referring to is on the left front corner in the main control panel. It is about a foot square and two layers thick. The bottom layer has a glass where you can look through it. The fuse that is blowing is up in the second layer of this panel. It has a 15 amp on one side and a 5 amp on the other with the 7.5 in the middle. Anytime I turn the key on the fuse blows.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:20 PM   #9

Your welcome, sounds like you've got a bad board. Call Hwh to verify (800)321-3494. That is the Vin# for your coach, the serial # should be on a blue decal on the outside of the coach next to the entry door, or it will be on the coach id plate on the wall next to or just behind drivers seat, dont really need at this point but if you ever call monac makes things easier.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:44 PM   #10

I'll call them right away. been dealing with this for too long. appreciate your expertise!
Old 09-01-2011, 10:43 PM   #11

rv, guru

My shop mechanic found a relay in the mother board that had shorted out internally. He replaced this relay and now it doesn't blow the fuse anymore, but now the control panel by the driver's seat doesn't light up.
It doesn't appear to have any power. Could there be a fuse or another relay that might cause this?
Old 09-01-2011, 10:48 PM   #12

Did it light up before he replced relay or at least flash before fuse blew? If you removed the box for repair make sure all pins are tight not bent in any of the plugs. Here is the link to the hwh service manuals it shows you some wiring and plug diagrams.
http://www.hwh.com/service34.html
If it were me it would be at hwh being fixed.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:11 AM   #13

I wasn't there when he worked on it. I'll print off the leveling system electrical diagram you sent and we'll look at that together. thanks!

Tags
leveling