Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2014, 11:04 PM   #1

Air lift

Hi, we have an older Pace Arrow on a P30 Chassis, when we purchased it, there were AirLift airbags in the front coil springs. When filling these bags it helps the ride out 100%, however one bag leaks. I was curious if anyone knows of warranty on these or if I am better off just buying a new set and saving myself the hastle. These bags have a typical air valve on them just like a tire, Also you fill these by crawling under the coach and adding air right at the bag, (kind of a pain in the but). Can you add an onboard compressor or even an extension line so that I don't need to get on the ground to fill them. Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pace.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	366.5 KB
ID:	69572  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2014, 11:28 PM   #2

The bags are probably made by Firestone , a trip through the web site should provide the answers you seek. I think any product warranty would have timed out or been only for the original owner.
There are many options for remote fill and on board compressors.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:38 AM   #3

I have a p30 chassis with the air lift in the front coils and have two air bags on each side on the leaf springs in the rear.
I did see some place were someone was able to figure it out and order parts.
I have one or more bags loosing air as fast as you can put it in, on the left rear. I need to crawl under and make sure its not just a line blown off.

I was also reading, some place here (geeze) how well they stabilized the ride.
Not near the swaying without them.

Where is Robin Hood when you need him !
Softail96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:55 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I installed them on my 1995 Class C Winnebago that was my first motorhome. They worked great. Firestone still make both air-springs and can be purchased at almost all RV service centers. Definitely worth repairing. And yes they make an extension or a compressor kit.

Craig & Carolyn Roberts
2006 Newmar Kountry Star KSDP 3910 Spartan MM Chassis
2002 Saturn SL2
Old 08-01-2014, 12:36 PM   #5

We had the same model. When I bought new bags, I was told the warranty on the bags was one year, but that did not count for labor too which is most of your cost. Our air inlets were run right inside the hood along the main support . If you get new ones you may want to see if that can be done. I don't think these models had front shocks so I agree the bags are a benefit. Yours is in great condition. Good luck
Old 08-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
AirLift brand air bags are made by AirLift, NOT Firestone, Hold on and I'll google them they are in Lansing, MI.

Air Lift
2727 Snow Rd
Lansing Charter Township, MI 48917
(517) 322-2144

Air Ride, Air Bag Suspension Kits, Air Springs | Air Lift Company - Tow and Haul with Safety and Comfort
Old 08-01-2014, 09:30 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Your right the front are airlift and the rear could be Firestone or Airlift.

Craig & Carolyn Roberts Apple Valley, CA
2006 Newmar 3910 KSDP 400 ISL Cummins Spartan Mountian Master Chassis
Toad: 2017 GMC Canyon 4X4 Crewcab
DD788Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:47 PM   #8

Thanks everyone, I tried to call them today but never got through to anyone. I'm pretty sure I know what parts I need just want to verify that with the pro's. Thanks again, Finished tonight installing a Eclipse AVN7000 navigation system and all interior Focal speakers and nice little 10" alpine sub, just to make the movies on a rain day that much better .
Old 08-02-2014, 12:38 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
So, Let us know what happens.

By the way, the reason I knew that Air Lift was a brand and where they are made... Back in my TT days that's what I had on my tow vehicle.