Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2015, 06:37 PM   #15

O5 Fleetwood 39r DP use my front air connection to fill my front to 105 lbs And rear to 85 lbs with a 3/8 25 foot spring type plastic hose. Works great and all take only at most two or three min. To raise pressure ten pounds. Good luck and stay between the white lines lol.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2015, 06:48 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: DW Driver -Winter Englewood FL, Summer Willingboro NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimSullivan View Post

Problem solved. Purchased a 150 PSI compressor from my favorite, favorite new shopping store --Harbor Freight for the grand total of $70.
Never again will I have to rely on some dirty, grungy truck stop with an air supply that might or might not work, when I'm on the road.
Tim - I am with you all the way. The unfortunate part is though - HF is not my NEW shopping store - it is my OLD shopping store and the more unfortunate thing is that I can't buy any more of their sale items in the flyer. I already own all of them. Seems like every time I go in there to spend not more than $300 the credit cards always gets hit for over $500. Must be a clerical error.

You did not mention which compressor you got was it the pancake
Porter-Cable 0.8 HP 6 Gallon Oil-Free Pancake Air Compressor C2002

Old 12-08-2015, 07:04 PM   #17

The air system on my 39K must be messed up. I use it to top off air when needed and do not have the problem some seem to have with dropping air pressure. The pressure gauge shows 120 at the outlet and I air up the tires to 100 psi and the system recharges without me having to dump system air to get the system low enough for the compressor to kick back in.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 07:37 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have two friends that use converted dive tanks for air supply. They say you can top off and fill a bunch of tires on one charge. They are both car collectors with large collections. Anyone using this? JD
Hogbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 06:31 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogbus View Post
I have two friends that use converted dive tanks for air supply. They say you can top off and fill a bunch of tires on one charge. They are both car collectors with large collections. Anyone using this? JD
Yeah...my dad does that on his Southwind

They make a tire chuck that connects to the quick release of a bouyancy compensator. (B.C.)

I have an old first stage that I have dedicated to using for air tools. I attached a standard air tool female quick release to a male b.c. Quick release...and I can adjust the first stage pressure somewhat,,,it's set for 150 psi.

Just make sure you securely store the Scuba tank. They can do a lot of damage rolling around and hitting stuff.
Old 12-09-2015, 08:08 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
I start the engine and plug air line into the front tow air line - Take my time and check the tires - never had to add very much but MH air pressure works fine to keep my tires at 90psi.
2012 Jeep Liberty
docsdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:35 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ciderdog View Post
The air system on my 39K must be messed up. I use it to top off air when needed and do not have the problem some seem to have with dropping air pressure. The pressure gauge shows 120 at the outlet and I air up the tires to 100 psi and the system recharges without me having to dump system air to get the system low enough for the compressor to kick back in.

I use my onboard air to fill my tires to 105psi on my 39N with no problem too.
Old 12-14-2015, 11:06 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ciderdog View Post
I do the same thing Bob, and I never have a problem. I have to say though, that I never try to do all six tires. I usually check them all and top them off at home before I leave.
Old 12-16-2015, 06:39 PM   #23

Triple E Owners Club
Here is another alternative. I use a home-made version:

HOW TO: Inflate High Pressure RV Tires
Old 12-16-2015, 07:09 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimSullivan View Post
On my most recent cross country trek I had one tire on my tow dolly (requires 90 PSI) that kept throwing "low air" signals to my TPMS and one coach tire that had a minute air leak around the valve stem. I stopped at several truck stop fuel locations where either the truck tire air compressor was turned off or was otherwise unavailable. A real pain in the you know what, to be sure. Moreover, my coach compressor outlets are good for no more then 85 PSI where my coach tires need a minimum of 115 PSI.

Moreover when I finally found a truck tire repair place (I think it was a Love's) they told me they couldn't work on motorhomes. I practically had to beg the serviceman to look the other way at my 36,000 GVWR "non-truck" MH and work on it--which he finally agreed to do.

Problem solved. Purchased a 150 PSI compressor from my favorite, favorite new shopping store --Harbor Freight for the grand total of $70. Works like a charm. Plugged it into a 110v supplied by my generator and filled my tires with no problem at all. The compressor fits perfectly in my basement storage compartment. I already had a 30' air line hose that I use with the compressor and that coupled with a long extension cord allows me to easily reach all of my coach tires as well as the tow dolly tires.

Never again will I have to rely on some dirty, grungy truck stop with an air supply that might or might not work, when I'm on the road.
This one??
12Volt 150 PSI Compact Air Compressor
GN2ZDGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 08:34 PM   #25

Country Coach Owners Club
No, this one.

No, this one:

6 gal. 1.5 HP 150 PSI Professional Air Compressor

Get it on sale or use one of the 20% off coupons.

Tags
tires