Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-22-2012, 01:51 PM   #1
Air Pressure Alarm

I have a 2010 Fleetwood Discovery 40G with Freightliner Chassis. I had an alarm go off, and the gauge dropped significantly. Within 10 seconds, the gauge popped back up to normal. I stopped at the next safe location and could find no air leaks. This drill repeated itself a dozen times or more while traveling between Disney World and Virginia.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on?

skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #2
I had exactly the same problem on our Bus, except I was in the woods in Alaska. Recovery within a few seconds and it didn't happen for another 10 seconds or an hour plus. When it finally quit long enough for the brake pressure indicator to go to zero and stay there for about 10 seconds, I knew it was an indication rather than air problem. (My emergency brake should have set and it didn't)

All the gauges on the front dash, including the speed and tach are on a single wire. The computer in the rear takes all the necessary readings and streams this info as a code and a reading on a single wire to the dash. This is called multiplexing. All the dash readings are on this same single wire, daisy chained one to the next. If you have the oil pressure first on the wire, you can pull it and put it last on the wire and it'll still show the correct reading.

What I did to solve my problem was to simply pull all the wires and scramble the order they were hooked up in. Since I did that, I've never had my problem again. This could be a simple and cheap thing to try that might work. Good luck.

2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 Toad
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:17 PM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had this problem yesterday also. I called the Freightliner help desk and its a known problem on some chassis. They are sending me a new wiring harness for the LBCU/guages. Some of the harnesses have bad connectors that loosen over time, thats why its an intermittent problem. BTW, they are sending the harness at no charge.

1-800-FTL-HELP and have the last six of your VIN ready.
Jim with Judy
08 38' Bounder DP
Toads: 08 Jeep Wrangler Sport; 11 Chevy Malibu
Elkhartjim is offline   Reply With Quote