Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2014, 11:34 AM   #1

Air supply to rv for unlocking the brakes

I have mistakingly parked my rv to where I can not access the battery compartment. Does anyone know where the rv air supply is located on a 1998 HR diesel? Dummy me, but I'm learning!
Thanks
buddyholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2014, 11:41 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Does it have a front genset? if so they maybe a serviceman air connection in that
location. If it does you can jump start the genset and charge the batteries without
moving it until you can start the main engine.
wb7auk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:49 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb7auk View Post
Does it have a front genset? if so they maybe a serviceman air connection in that
location. If it does you can jump start the genset and charge the batteries without
moving it until you can start the main engine.
That's where mine is at.
You might also want to zip tie a Male End to the connector in case the tow truck drivers connection does not match the one you have.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:05 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
My rig has one in the front driver side basement and one in the engine bay. The one in front might be accessed from below by a contortionist.

Also agree with jump starting the generator to charge the house battery and then boost the engine battery from the house. That could take awhile.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:56 PM   #5

jump start gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
My rig has one in the front driver side basement and one in the engine bay. The one in front might be accessed from below by a contortionist.

Also agree with jump starting the generator to charge the house battery and then boost the engine battery from the house. That could take awhile.
Yea that makes sense and I have jump started a lot of things but never an LP Genset. Would that be neg to ground and pos to the starter?
buddyholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:06 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
If you check you will see where the 12 volt battery cable attaches put the pos jump
cable there and the neg cable to ground.
You should be able to start the genset.
wb7auk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
You might also want to zip tie a Male End to the connector in case the tow truck drivers connection does not match the one you have.
Sounds like a good idea. I think I'll do that. Just a little while ago I changed out the female connector that is up front under the "hood" for one that fits all of my other air hose fittings.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, brakes