Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-01-2014, 11:45 AM   #1
Airbags on Tiffin Phaeton won't inflate

Upon leaving the campground this morning we noted a very rough ride. We have determined the airbags on the suspension haven't inflated. Any ideas on how to resolve and get them inflated?

MickJill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2014, 12:01 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
What does your pressure gauge read?
Have tried stopping, shutting down and restart?

2001 Monaco Windsor 40 PBD
TMan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:04 PM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club

Did you use the dump valve and jacks at your last stop? Perhaps a sticking valve. Try cycling the dump valve on and off a couple times. If one air spring had failed, I don't think they would all be flat. If you're comfortable working on your RV, you could also crawl underneath and check ride height valves. If a lever has failed, it could cause improper inflation of air springs.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:49 PM   #4
airbag issue

We have tried sending the jacks down and back up. That didn't work. We called Freightliner and they suggested going under the rig and pushing the manual override to see if we can get the bags to inflate. Didn't work the first time, am tryng again.
MickJill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 01:03 PM   #5
Tiffin Owners Club
You probably would get a much better response to this by going over to the Tiffin forum...

Ron, Sandie, and Maggie May
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH
2011 GMC Terrain SLT-2
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 01:09 PM   #6
RVM#87 / Senior Member

Solo Rvers Club

Glad you're aboard. Sorry you're having problems. Best of luck on finding a solution so you can enjoy your adventures and be safe.
Have a wonderful day!
Ken (RVM 87)
FT DP Wanna B The journey is the destination!
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:04 PM   #7
Recently we had a similar problem. We had a solenoid (coil) burned out on the dump valve. Replaced the valve ($245). No joy. The valve really was bad, but there was another problem. The HWH touch control pad is bad. It sends a constant signal to the dump coil. This means that when I start the engine and let the system actuate the air bags, the dump valve will not let it work. It took me a whole week to diagnose the problem.

I finally unplugged the electrical cable to the dump solenoid. That allows the airbags to inflate properly. I can't dump the bags, but I don't care enough to buy a new $450 touch control pad to replace it.

My chassis is Spartan, so your controls may be different. Mine has a 3-way Parker air valve with two solenoids. When the engine starts and the tranny is engaged, the "ride" side solenoid kicks on. I don't know if it stays under power or just kicks on for a moment. I do know that once it is actuated, it stays that way until the other coil kicks it back. The valve also has a little manual override button that works even when there is no electrical power to the valve. You can shift it where you want it and it will stay until the coil kicks it back. Unplugging the cable leaves it where you left it. Mine is now set to ride. I'll fix it right later.

If you need any more cheap advise, don't hesitate to ask.

Tom & Jan ---- Westwing43
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote