Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2016, 09:46 AM   #1

Aladdin JR camera's working intermittently

2006 Diplomat with Aladdin JR system. New to me back in May. The right turn signal camera consistently won't display an image (though monitor is getting some type of signal) and the rear view camera works intermittently. Previous owner indicating connection problem in the video cable and it is clear he has messed with it before but I've cleaned the contacts of connector by genny for right signal and no luck. no idea where the cable for the rear camera runs/connects at. Any similar experiences?
Known fixes?
Recommended replacement cameras for this coach?
red_georgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2016, 12:09 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_georgia View Post
2006 Diplomat with Aladdin JR system. New to me back in May. The right turn signal camera consistently won't display an image (though monitor is getting some type of signal) and the rear view camera works intermittently. Previous owner indicating connection problem in the video cable and it is clear he has messed with it before but I've cleaned the contacts of connector by genny for right signal and no luck. no idea where the cable for the rear camera runs/connects at. Any similar experiences?
Known fixes?
Recommended replacement cameras for this coach?
I had issues with my back up camera back when coach was new. It went on for years. It seems more likely to do it when the weather was HOT. I've never had issues with side cameras.

The rear camera would flicker on and off and finally go blank. Turning off Aladdin and back on solved the issue.--for a while. Dealer would trouble shoot numerous times and never got it. They replaced the monitor to a sony. I think the old monitor was a weldex/. Still would flicker off and on.

Finally I'll pulled on all the wires behind the dash mounted monitor. There is a control box back there. Took everything apart and lightly sanded all connections and cleaned with spray connection cleaner. I also pulled the camera out of the back and did the same with the cable connection back there. Did something right cause it seems to be working for the last couple of years.

If you can find the box behind the monitor, I believe mine was labeled "left input' 'right input' 'rear input', so something to that effect. Might try switching left and right to try to identify if the problem is before the box or after the box. I don't think you can do that with the rear camera input cause I think (again, from memory several years ago), the plugs are different.

I also added a small computer fan behind the monitor to help circulate the hot air. There is a lot of heat generated behind the panel and I think that may help as well.

Good Luck. I felt like I was chasing my tail for quite some time.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera