Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #1

Aladdin, Monaco Tanks sensors

I have seen a whole lot of talking but no real information Aladdin tank sensors. We tried to recalibrate With no success, I found 2 out of 3 Sensors corroded Inside the female end of the phone wire connection. I ordered 3 new ones from Catcon 817-590-8718 $27.50 each. Should be here in a few days and I will re post how it works out...
camelotaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2012, 05:32 AM   #2

sensors

Were yours not working at all or just giving wrong readings? Where did you locate the bad connections?
FLYING BUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:46 AM   #3

Sometimes not working sometimes wrong readings. The bad connection was inside the 3/4 inch plugs That have a female phone connection in them. some were just corroded 1 had a broken wire. there should be 4 wires in each of the phone wire connections. I'm still waiting for my new ones to arrive should be today or monday.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Is that a phone plug or a Cat 5 plug?
I have been considering switching from the TrueLevel non contact sensor system that Winnebago uses to the Catcon system and am curious to know how well it works.

Even though the Truelevel system has sensors on the outside of the tank it can still be confused by wet gunk build up on the inside of the tank wall.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:58 AM   #5

It is for the aladdin system 2 pair wire with phone plugs. I received the new ones yesterday if the wind stops blowing I will install them today and let you know. I took pictures of them as attachments but don't know where they went.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:41 AM   #6

I installed the new sensors seems like they were a little smaller diameter on the thread end. teflon tape and pipe dope helped that, we did recalibrate and measured tanks. so far so good... we filled fresh tank to half and it is reading 50 percent. we have about 4 or 5 gallons in the gray water tank and it is reading 4 gallons. black tank is empty and reading 0 gallons... you know what I have to do to change that. LOL