Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2018, 04:42 PM   #1

Aladdin system, need Help!!

Hello everybody, first time asking for Help.
I have a 2004 Beaver Monterrey. I had my Aladdin system and HWH both go out at the same time. Both went dead, no power at all.
Camping World has replaced the HWH monitor and suppose to be working ($2500). I say since because I have not picked up the RV. to check it.
They have no idea how to fix the Aladdin system. They say it also needs the monitor. (Video Coach Systems Monitor model 211, P/N 38040347) They have no solution since the monitor is no longer made. Has anyone had this problem? How did you solve it?
Appreciate any help.
Thank You!!!
1929DB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2018, 04:49 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club

I guess I’m confused , the monitor on my 03 is any video screen the tv is the one in the bedroom and the dash could be a 50$ 7” monitor are you sure it’s the “monitor? ”
The fact you mention camping world does scare me though!
The hwh doesn’t have a monitor in my marquis it does have a control board and a panel ?
Old 02-26-2018, 05:00 PM   #3

I would say to drive away from CW right away. Find another shop. I doubt that both the leveling and monitoring systems blew up at the same time. If you are on the west coast, any number of shops in Eugene or Bend Or can do the work. East coast, maybe someone can steer you to a good shop. Aladdin parts are tough to find, you will have to google on ebay and google RV Salvage. Also, NW RV Supply in Eugene might have some Aladdin parts. I would get CW to write down every single thing they did to your rig, then take the whole shootin' match to a real shop.
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 11:57 PM   #4

Thanks for your reply.
I'm in San Antonio. I have Camping World, Iron Horse and Texas Rv around my area. Not crazy about any of them. Maybe I'm not using the right terminology.
The service guy called it a monitor, but I guess it maybe be better called the control monitor. I also agree, both control monitors going out at the same time ?????. I will try some RV salvage stores.
Thanks for your Help.

Found "Aladdin Service Manuel" on the internet. the item is pictured on the of the first pages. It's called "Aladdin Video Coach Monitor, VCM Brain.

What would be my options? I don't like driving with out engine diagnostics available.

Thanks Again
Old 02-27-2018, 09:06 AM   #5

Your options would either be a Scan Gauge or Silverleaf. Both connect to the diagnostic port and relay engine info. Suggest you google these for what their capabilities are.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 09:13 AM   #6

First, go ahead and drive, the Aladdin serves to display info that your engine/trans already monitors. If in Texas, I have heard good things about NIRV centers. Google RV Service Reviews. Or you could call Beaver Coach Sales in Bend Or and see if they know of a good shop in your area.
I would not put any credence in CW diagnosis. Good luck!!
Old 02-27-2018, 09:21 AM   #7

As far as the Aladdin goes, follow the trouble shooting guide. Is there a red light near the joystick? Is it flashing slowly? If no red light, you’ve lost power. Check the fuses. If there is a red light but it’s not flashing you’ve lost a communication signal. Does your backup camera use the same monitor and is it working?
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 02:02 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
We replaced our Aladdin system with the SilverLeaf system. Stopped at the factory in Salem, OR and they did the installation in one day. Absolutely love the Silverleaf. I sold the Aladdin computer and sub-system boxes at the M419 rally last year for $200 to another Monaco owner who wanted it as a spare. I've seen them on eBay.

If your backup camera works, there's not a thing wrong with your display. I would never let CW touch anything electrical on my coach. I would bet that the problem is a fuse somewhere since you lost both the HWH and Aladdin at the same time.
super_rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 03:32 PM   #9

Thanks for the Info:
I agree, remove my coach from Camping world. Not happy with them.
Called Silverleaf Electronics in Or. I think I'll perchance the system from them and have someone else install it. They estimate the cost at $995 for the unit and 2 hrs labor.
Thanks Again for the Help!!!!
Old 02-28-2018, 10:57 AM   #10

There should be a reset button for your Aladdin system somewhere on your coach. On mine, its in an overhead bin above the driver.

Silverleaf is great, but to make it do all the things your Aladdin does, you will be spending about $5k. Be sure you understand what you will be giving up if you do a partial Aladdin replacement.
Old 02-28-2018, 06:41 PM   #11
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"1929DB".....The Aladdin system was a nice system, but once it dies, it's gone, since its no longer supported. You got good info as Silverleaf stepped up and tailored their system to work with the Aladdin components.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 11:20 PM   #12

Thanks to everyone for their support and advice.
I'm hoping to purchase the system from Silverleaf Electronics in Or., I have two options. VCM 350 around $1149 or VCM 330 around $995 plus installation. VCM350 is closer to the original Aladdin in options but the liquid monitoring sytsem is at a separate cost, SeaLevel System, around $500.
Then I have to get a price for installation from National Indoor RV Center in Tx. or ForeTravel also in Tx.,
I'll keep you all informed.

Thanks Again
Note: wish Oregon and New Mexico would trade places. Long dive to Oregon.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:32 AM   #13

Angry

Update, three months and still waiting for Camping World to figure out how to adapt the Silverleaf to my couch. Silverleaf in Or. sent the 350 System to Camping World, but did not sent a wiring harness, (weeks went by) So I called Silverleaf, in Or. well they said they do not have a wiring harness that will work. More weeks go by. Finally got Silverleaf Or. and Camping world to talk to each other. Now they say the Silverleaf 330 will work better.
STILL WAITING !!!
Old 04-14-2018, 10:01 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club

How did you get from national indoor or foretravel doing the install to Camping World ??? no no no I can barely bring myself to buy a extension sewer hose from them !

Tags
need help