Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2014, 10:27 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Alarm sound

I have a 2003 Monaco Camelot with a alarm problem. After raising jacks from a week of camping and putting into gear and releaseing air brakes the alarm will sound. Sometimes it will last a block or sometimes a mile or two before it go's off. It's not low air pressure
alarm but was told it was over extension of jack alarm. Any idea's on how to fix?

geo6
geo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2014, 10:46 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
I would say, low fluid for the jacks. Mine did the same thing.
greggholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:22 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo6 View Post
I have a 2003 Monaco Camelot with a alarm problem. After raising jacks from a week of camping and putting into gear and releaseing air brakes the alarm will sound. Sometimes it will last a block or sometimes a mile or two before it go's off. It's not low air pressure
alarm but was told it was extension of jack alarm. Any idea's on how to fix?

geo6
Your return springs on one of your jacks may not be lifting the jack up quick enough. I replaced all of the jack springs on my 2002 DP. The old springs were not tapered on both ends and the new springs were tapered on both ends. In addition to having the same problem you describe, on rough roads one of my jack alarms would sound because the old springs were not holding the jacks in their full return position.

Jim
Kpjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:14 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Have you ever cleaned and lubed the jack shafts (ram)? I had a similar situation. After cleaning with WD40, then spraying them with silicone based slide out lube the jacks went up much faster and the alarm stayed off.
fastcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:38 PM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
geo6.......You more than likely have another issue which is very common to Monaco. It's the parking brake alarm. There is a small switch on the bottom end of your parking brake knob (the switch can be seen when you remove the panel near the driver's left leg) that is about the size of your thumb. This alarm will sound, or continue to sound when you put the coach in gear and then release the parking brake. If adding fluid doesn't solve your issue, here is a test for the switch alarm. If the alarm continues to sound, pull the parking brake back on and then shove it down firmly. This will usually shut it off and tell you that the switch needs to be replaced.

If your switch is bad, it can be ordered from Monaco. The company that makes the switch makes a dozen of them in different configurations and makes it difficult to buy the correct one. Monaco charges about $50.00 - $55.00 for the switch, including shipping. It's not hard to replace, just difficult to get to.

If you go to the Monaco forum on this website and do a switch for brake alarm, you'll find several posts with pictures.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:36 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
jack alarm

Thanks everyone for the help. I will try all solutions. Thanks
geo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:51 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
DO NOT lube with WD-40 cleaner.. YES Cleaner and water displacer.. NOT lubricant.

Use the lube specificed in the jack owner's manual

That said.. If they are power gear here is what happens.. at least what I believe happens.

IN July/Aug when you retract the jacks the fluid is rather warm, often 100 degrees, as is the tank but the fluid has a higher coefficient of expansion than the tank so it overflows the tank and drips to the ground. It is now JANUARY, things are cooler, and there is not enough fluid left. so you need to add more.

Two ways, Add like 1/2 to 1 cup or follow the instructions for topping off in the owner's manual.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:47 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
HWH jacks specify WD-40. Look at their website instructions...