Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2014, 11:42 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Ed & Lynn,

That was in deed worse than what I have to deal with. I needed new front tires a month ago due to a broken steel belt. I had a great experience at Superior Tire in Eugene, OR. Love that place. Loved no sales tax and loved getting a great deal on Michelin tires with the FMCA program.

The best thing of all was I had purchased a tire and wheel roadside hazard policy that cost me $500 for 7 years. The policy paid for one tire, $650 for one tire. What a great decision to buy that policy. It has already paid for itself and I have 6 more years on it.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2014, 06:34 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
All though my problem was not with tires,it was with Jeeps n-23 recall( this is were the jeep would not go in neutral after the recall.On the road and HAD to buy a trailer).I keep calling customer with no luck.I keep it up,by e-mail so there was a paper trail I keep going up the food chain and got a hold of the head of customer service and we worked out a offer that worked out for me.
My point is you bought new tires and should have gotten new tires,it sounds like these were on the back shelf and they wanted to get rid of them. STAY on it take it up the ladder as far as you have to.I posted on there web site,on this forum,and any were else i could find. They think if they just say no a few times you will go away.I do not know how old you are i am in my 60's .I told Jeep i was not going away because they caused the problem. -The baby boomer has learned how to use the internet.
Stay on it because as R/V's know the date on tire is a big deal,and they know this.Just keep reminding them.What brand are the tires?
Keep us posted.I feel they ripped you off.

Old 11-14-2014, 10:24 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_G View Post
Hey stuart, I think my case is worse than yours. I purchased a brand new 2008 Monaco built Trek in Jan. of 2009.... out of state purchase and delivery for me. Like you, it was nearly a year before I thought to look at the dates on my tires. They were built in middle of 2004 !!! Brand new 2008 built coach with 2004 tires on it. Obviously there was not much I could do a year later. Purchased a complete new set of Michelins locally and learned a lot about checking tire dates from this.
Lots of places to lay the blame for that, least likely the dealer. Check the fg date on the chassis (separate from the body), it may have been on the mfg lot for a couple of years with the tires on it. They come from the mfg with tires. I'mm sitting next to the Tiffin chassis lot watching them drive bare chassis off the trucks and into the bays for prep work

Of course it is possible the dealer swapped the old tires for new on a coach on the lot to get a sale to someone who checked dates before signing. Ya Never Know!
Old 11-14-2014, 11:38 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-n-L View Post
Ed & Lynn,

That was in deed worse than what I have to deal with. I needed new front tires a month ago due to a broken steel belt. I had a great experience at Superior Tire in Eugene, OR. Love that place. Loved no sales tax and loved getting a great deal on Michelin tires with the FMCA program.

The best thing of all was I had purchased a tire and wheel roadside hazard policy that cost me $500 for 7 years. The policy paid for one tire, $650 for one tire. What a great decision to buy that policy. It has already paid for itself and I have 6 more years on it.
Stuart: Yes, Superior Tire in Eugene, OR is where I had my replacements installed.... got as good a deal as the FMCA discount, without asking for it..... and tires less than three months old. Good company ! Of course now that coach is gone and I have a new Allegro so hopefully won't have to worry about tires for awhile.

Ed_G is offline   Reply With Quote