Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2014, 11:57 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlcromwell View Post
We have an '04 Gold on consignment in Kalispell, MT. If it doesn't sell by Oct when we head to Tucson we will be putting it on consignment there. Drive right through SLC. PM me and we will keep you posted. Screaming deal after it comes off of consignment.
2004 ALFA ALFA GOLD Stock: CONS65986 | Gardner's RV
Bummer. Your Alfa looks sweet. We just closed on a Fleetwood Discovery 39L 4 Slide. Had most of what we wanted, compromised on a couple of small things. Wish I'd seen your post earlier, I don't know what a "screaming deal" is, but from the looks of the pictures we would have definitely taken a hard look at your Gold.

Good luck on the consignment sale!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2014, 04:23 PM   #30

Freightliner Owners Club
I have owned an Alfa See-Ya 40FD for the last 4 years.

There are very good reasons why ALFA motorhomes have a low resale value. You will also find far more positive comments on the owners sites and very few negative comments. When searching the sites remember the owners are favorable to the coach they have owned and want the resale prices to go back to a normal level for their age or to NADA value. Many of them have spent sums of well over $20K for re -siding and full body painting to return them to a more presentable condition.

When I bought my ALFA it was blister free. It is not blister free now. As far as I know all ALFA's were built with the same Crane Filon siding and the wood backing of the panel is the cause of the blister forming from water intrusion.

You can get a lot of coach for your money with an ALFA and/or you can also get a big repair bill if or when it blisters or when the P.O's have not kept it in good shape.

Do a lot of research and inspection before you buy an ALFA and you may get a great coach for your money. I certainly wish I had bought mine at today's prices.

Old 08-31-2014, 07:51 AM   #31

You're a little late, he already bought a different coach.
If you bought it four years ago, then you had a real good idea that it would probably blister.
It's cold weather that you have to be ware of.
adamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:29 PM   #32

Freightliner Owners Club
Not always true that cold weather causes blistering as mine blistered in July and August in Virginia.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:12 PM   #33

De Lam

Well I am a new (new to me) Alfa 2003 40' owner. I was informed about the de lam blister issue and my rig has a few locally isolated pops on both sides in front of the rear wheels and a few under the driver window. That seems weird if it was freezing temps that cause it and it only happens in a few isolated locations.

My decision was based on livability and price as I am work traveling on projects. Got tired of the weekly air travel. I really like the size and features. I stumbled on a distressed seller and simply couldn't pass it up. It rides ok too.

The pops I have look like little circles of paint that have either already popped off or might soon. But I swear the material under looks like aluminum on mine. Thought I might just put a little appliance paint on a few and see what happens. Glad for any other ideas to try as well. Frankly, it isn't bad enough to notice unless you know to look for it and it doesn't embarrass me or anything. Would like to get it sealed with something however, and hopefully something white.

Anybody tell me how to raise the dash to get to the fuses? Surely I don't have to take all those screws loose? Nothing in the manual.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:45 PM   #34

Just lift up on the dash
You need to go to the Alfa site on Yahoo. It's a great site.
Wendell
adamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:19 PM   #35

Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome new owner.

Hi,
I own an 04 SY. You will greatly benefit joining a Yahoo Group:https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...sations/topics

This is the largest group of owners and you will find answers to all your questions and get assistance. Also they have documentation.

As to your blisters it is also on the site. If left unattended you will get more and eventually have mold behind your siding. They are only cosmetic when they have not broken after that the water intrusion will get worse. Fixing them is also well defined on Crane composites website under filon repairs.

Cost is between some marine epoxy, a dremel moto tool, and polar white paint to a $30,000.00 complete siding replacement and paint at a professional shop.

By now you have lifted up the dash did you also notice there is a hinged lever to hold the dash open.

Good Luck with your toy
James Barton
2004 SY #1486 330 Cat.