Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post

Don't ask me how I came about the need to purchase another Keurig coffee maker.
X -2. Not my fault. That's the DW responsibility. New Keurig came from same checkbook though
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2013, 11:15 AM   #30

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwho40 View Post
sorry but im not understanding what you mean your not making sense
Near your entrance do you have lighted switches that turn off battery power for storage of the RV so batteries don't get drained? (Sometimes called the 'salesman switch) In many RV's there are two switches, one for chassis power and one for house power. In mine, by turning off the chassis power it also turns off the LP solenoid, gas sensor and CO sensor. I turn it off when fueling and the LP is shut down as per safety.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:37 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to markwho40 Send a message via Yahoo to markwho40 Send a message via Skype™ to markwho40
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post

Near your entrance do you have lighted switches that turn off battery power for storage of the RV so batteries don't get drained? (Sometimes called the 'salesman switch) In many RV's there are two switches, one for chassis power and one for house power. In mine, by turning off the chassis power it also turns off the LP solenoid, gas sensor and CO sensor. I turn it off when fueling and the LP is shut down as per safety.
i dont know and dont know where id look and why would i have to do that when i fill my tank when others say i dont so do you really know what your talking about and wheres your proof that i have to do it
markwho40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
We put the grippy liners in the cupboards. We have mostly Corell plates, saucers, platters, & bowels. If anything comes out of the cupboard it wont break. We also put stuff in the microwave too. If you have a troublesome cupboard door you can use appropriate size bungy cords to secure the doors.
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #33

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Quote:
i dont know and dont know where id look and why would i have to do that when i fill my tank when others say i dont so do you really know what your talking about and wheres your proof that i have to do it
The red highlighting in my post answers the red in your post. NEAR THE ENTRANCE (DOOR)!

Your question in blue highlighting is answered by the sticker in post #26. I really know what I'm talking about because gas fumes and open pilot light flames don't get along well with each other. Proof can be found many places, I witnessed the proof at a gas dock on the Chesapeake Bay in 1967. If you think my posts have been hard to understand, you should try reading some with no punctuation, spelling, or sentence structure!

Bob & Donna
Old 08-29-2013, 01:27 PM   #34

Look at your fuel tank filler.
The sticker says it all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3758146684.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	424.6 KB
ID:	44995
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to markwho40 Send a message via Yahoo to markwho40 Send a message via Skype™ to markwho40
Quote:

sorry but im not understanding what you mean your not making sense
now i dont know whats right i hear that i dont need to shut off when fueling then i hear i have to shut every thing down then so on and so on now im so confused
markwho40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:43 PM   #36

Carolina Campers
Quote:

now i dont know whats right i hear that i dont need to shut off when fueling then i hear i have to shut every thing down then so on and so on now im so confused
If you turn everything off, it will be fine. Just remember to turn it on again when done.

I don't do that, I simply stop the engine.

Regardless, if you do take the advice to turn off the refrigerator every time you stop for gas, you will be fine.

Advice is just that. Take the advice you think is best and go with it. Don't get too confused about different advice. Do what you think is the best for your situation and don't sweat the small stuff.

One thing is for sure, you will continue to learn new things each trip.
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:47 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post

If you turn everything off, it will be fine. Just remember to turn it on again when done.

I don't do that, I simply stop the engine. Regardless, if you do take the advice to turn off the refrigerator every time you stop for gas, you will be fine.
He was confused enough. He has a 96. He cannot simply turn off the engine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3962423759.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	424.6 KB
ID:	44996

My work is done here
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:53 PM   #38

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post

He was confused enough. He has a 96. He cannot simply turn off the engine.

My work is done here
Ok. No sweat.

I bet your work will continue though....
Old 08-29-2013, 01:58 PM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwho40

What should be done and what people do are not always the same thing. The sticker Campdaven posted says what you should do. Only you can decide what you will do. I do not travel with propane on. My refrigerator stays cold for 5 or 6 hours - probably more. Before we unhook from electric refrigerator operation - we make our lunch. Have it ready for fast access and shut the door quickly. Even though the fridge uses very little propane - I see no reason to burn if I don't have to. We have remote thermometers in the fridge and freeze and monitor the temps. If I think I need to turn it on I hit the generator button.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #40

Carolina Campers
On the other hand, because you have a 17 year old coach, it may be good advice to have your LPG system inspected by professionals, if that has not already been done.

Over time you could develop issues where leaks could happen. Especially with any rubber tubing, etc.

Also be sure you have all your smoke and gas detectors checked and in good working order.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:07 PM   #41

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01
On the other hand, because you have a 17 year old coach, it may be good advice to have your LPG system inspected by professionals, if that has not already been done.

Over time you could develop issues where leaks could happen. Especially with any rubber tubing, etc.

Also be sure you have all your smoke and gas detectors checked and in good working order.
Yep - annual maintenance - shop check is inexpensive.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:08 PM   #42

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
I don't know what model of 1996 Winnebago you have, but in all the 1996 manuals I looked in under Safety Precautions subsection Fuel and LP Gas it states: "All pilot lights must be extinguished and appliances turned off while refilling the fuel tank or LP tank."

1996 Operator Manuals

If you take the advice of folks suggesting you don't need to turn off the flames burning during fueling, I hope you have good insurance, medical and auto.

Bob & Donna

Tags
class a, gas