Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #15

Rexhall Owners Group
We drive a type A gas RV. We installed grippy shelf liners, but on one hard stop some cans came flying out of the pantry cupboard and destroyed one of the dog's dishes on the floor. Found small expandable rods on Amazon that you insert part way up the open space in front of the shelf, and this solved the problem.
BobB
Bobb.25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2013, 09:26 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Just a tecnicallity that means little but a diesel pusher is called that because the engine is at the back. Gas engines are rarely, if ever in that location.
We graduated from traveling in boats to MH's and had to take some stronger precautions in the boat than needed in RV's. WE use the sticky liner material in between each plate, and bowl stored in the cupboard. We attempt to store things tightly to keep them from rattling around. Small items are stored in plastic bins with lids or in things like secure spice racks that are attached. At times we wrap the items in things like towels or cloths(cloth items that we will use on the trip) Make sure that all doors have a good latch that will not jar open. If there is little use for it, don't take it! Heavy items should be stored near the bottom rather than near the top where the motion is greater. Remember, you are not driving a sports car, take the corners and bumps with extra caution!
Old 08-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
When fueling your rig, any propane appliances should be off. Or propane off at propane tank. And when filling with propane, attendant will turn off propane at tank.

ronspradley
Some rigs now have an automatic shutoff that cuts off the propane for 15 minutes when the engine is shut down. Our Bounder has this feature, for fueling.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:53 AM   #18

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwho40 View Post

what do they look like and where can i get the grippy things at
You can get this at Wall-Mart or most places, even Lowe's, etc.

We get it in a roll. Like any other shelf liner. That way you can cut it to size as needed.
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to markwho40 Send a message via Yahoo to markwho40 Send a message via Skype™ to markwho40
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post

Some rigs now have an automatic shutoff that cuts off the propane for 15 minutes when the engine is shut down. Our Bounder has this feature, for fueling.
i dont know if my 1996 winnebago does or not
markwho40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:06 AM   #20

Carolina Campers
Quote:

i dont know if my 1996 winnebago does or not
You don't need to worry about this. When you stop to get gas for the RV, you simply stop the engine like normal.

You don't need to turn off the propane or any of the devices like the refrigerator. In my opinion you got bad advice on that.

When you get the LPG tank filled, that is another issue. Most LPG fill places will ask you to turn off the devices. You simply change the setting on the refrigerator to off. Usually there is a panel just at the top of the refrigerator where you push a button to turn it off, then after filling the LPG tank be sure to turn it on again. I always keep mine in the "Auto" mode. That means that of you are hooked to electric power, it will automatically switch to electric mode, them when you unhook from electric power, it automatically switches back to LPG.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:15 AM   #21

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post

You can get this at Wall-Mart or most places, even Lowe's, etc.

We get it in a roll. Like any other shelf liner. That way you can cut it to size as needed.
BTW, you can also put a piece of this under the items on the counter, like a coffee maker, etc. Regardless, you will find that you should remove some things from the counter while traveling. An example is that I take the glass coffee pot and other counter items and sit them in the sink so they don't fall off the counter. I have plastic sink liners in the sinks. That stocks those items from rattling around.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #22

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
BTW, you can also put a piece of this under the items on the counter, like a coffee maker, etc. Regardless, you will find that you should remove some thing from the counter while traveling. An example is that I take the glass coffee pot and other counter items and sit them in the sink so they don't fall off the counter. I have plastic sink liners in the sinks.
That stocks those items from rattling around.

Don't ask me how I came about the need to purchase another Keurig coffee maker.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:22 AM   #23

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post

Don't ask me how I came about the need to purchase another Keurig coffee maker.
Funny, we had the same experience here. You have to order the reservoir from Keurig directly. At least I could not find it otherwise.

Also, don't leave it full of water either...
Old 08-29-2013, 10:41 AM   #24

Quote:

You don't need to worry about this. When you stop to get gas for the RV, you simply stop the engine like normal.

You don't need to turn off the propane or any of the devices like the refrigerator. In my opinion you got bad advice on that.
Oops!

At gas stations the signs say that all flames must be out.
Refrigerators, furnaces, water heaters, and all othe propane devices must be turned off during fueling.

The MH that the OP has is not all electric.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to markwho40 Send a message via Yahoo to markwho40 Send a message via Skype™ to markwho40
Quote:

When you get the LPG tank filled, that is another issue. Most LPG fill places will ask you to turn off the devices. You simply change the setting on the refrigerator to off. Usually there is a panel just at the top of the refrigerator where you push a button to turn it off, then after filling the LPG tank be sure to turn it on again. I always keep mine in the "Auto" mode. That means that of you are hooked to electric power, it will automatically switch to electric mode, them when you unhook from electric power, it automatically switches back to LPG.
thank you for making it clear thats a big help and now i know
Old 08-29-2013, 10:59 AM   #26

Quote:

thank you for making it clear thats a big help and now i know
At gas stations the signs say that all flames must be out.
Refrigerators, furnaces, water heaters, and all othe propane devices must be turned off during fueling.

This should be next to your fuel cap:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2452178787.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	424.6 KB
ID:	44984
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:08 AM   #27

Gulf Streamers Club
Check and see if turning off chassis battery switch turns off LP solenoid. If it does, when fueling, turn off chassis power. All pilots and gas flow will stop. After fueling, you won't forget to turn it on because RV won't start.
Shelf liner looks like this: Duck 20" x 6' Select Easy Liner: Other Home : Walmart.com
Most everything stays in place. If you're really having problems in a 1996 model, it might be time for new shocks.

I think you got some bad advice about not needing to shut off LP gas during refueling, especially with a gasser! Growing up on a boat, I saw a few too many boats go up in flames because someone thought they didn't need to follow instructions during refueling!

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:10 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Check and see if turning off chassis battery switch turns off LP solenoid. If it does, when fueling, turn off chassis power. All pilots and gas flow will stop. After fueling, you won't forget to turn it on because RV won't start.
Shelf liner looks like this: Duck 20" x 6' Select Easy Liner: Other Home : Walmart.com
Most everything stays in place. If you're really having problems in a 1996 model, it might be time for new shocks.
sorry but im not understanding what you mean your not making sense

Tags
class a, gas