Originally Posted by caymann
In an all electric coach...
1. Is the Dryer operated on 240VAC, 30A
This means he can buy the dryer from Lowes and use it
2. Is the Washer and Dryer on separate lines
This ensures both can be run together w/o tripping breaker
3. Is the stove a 50A, 240VAC (like house stove)
This ensures there is four burners and rapid heating power
If these are not, then how are these wired
Does one need special appliances?
What size generator?
Depends on who makes the coach. Ours is almost all-electric. We got the all-electric option, but had them leave in the propane cooktop (and tank) instead of the electric cooktop.
1. Yes, dryer is 240VAC, 30amp. It's a standard Maytag, just a small "stackable" size.
2. Yes, separate breakers for washer and dryer.
3. No. We didn't get it, but I believe the cooktop is 120VAC induction, probably 30amp. That's so it'll work on the inverter if needed.
Ours is a 12.5KW Onan that produces 240VAC, 50amp per leg. Same our our shore power supply.