Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2015, 09:52 AM   #1

All i want for christmass is......."

Is a GAS Class A with a diesel air like ride. For money spent I would rather spend it on a newer, larger and better equipped Motorhome. Looking for advice on a manufacture or experience about what's available. The Ford F53 suspension just doesn't seem to be improving. IFS maybe? Merry Christmas to all.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2015, 10:00 AM   #2

If you already have a F53-based motorhome, look at Kelderman. They make a system that integrate air bags into the suspension to smooth out the ride. Not a cheap solution though.

Old 12-09-2015, 12:45 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I wouid rather have peace on earth and an end to HATE and selected political candidates whom I shall not name or discuss here.
Old 12-09-2015, 12:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autopartsguy View Post
Is a GAS Class A with a diesel air like ride. For money spent I would rather spend it on a newer, larger and better equipped Motorhome. Looking for advice on a manufacture or experience about what's available. The Ford F53 suspension just doesn't seem to be improving. IFS maybe? Merry Christmas to all.
Not another one of these threads. Did you not drive this thing before you spent your money? Seeing you only have a few posts you must be new and have never spent any time learning from others the pros and cons of various coaches. You do not even mention what model, make, etc coach you are even ranting about. Personally, I like mine, it sure beats what I have been driving around for the last 12 years.
Old 12-09-2015, 01:00 PM   #5

Install 4 FSD Koni's and a set of Sumo's it has transformed my f53 to Oh Ya.
Old 12-09-2015, 08:45 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I had a Class C for 14 years, a Class A and two DP's. I will tell that you that a DP's ride isn't necessarily magical. Maybe it is in a 45' Prevost, but when the road is rough, I can feel all of the potholes. On a smooth road, the DP's will float along and feel great, but I think so will a lot of gassers. Spend a little money on some upgrades.....one at a time, and see if you can improve your ride.

My sister just ordered a new 34' Fleetwood Southwind with the 22.5 tires and the new six speed F53 chassis. I suspect it's going to ride pretty well.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:42 PM   #7

Oh No not another one of these light hearted responses, planning on updating our MH not altering what I have so lighten up. Don't try to measure me by what you think I read or post. I am sure the forum does not need your negative opinion. So stick-it up your nose, yes you 530ktm
Old 12-10-2015, 06:45 PM   #8

For the rest of you thanks for the positive and helpful feedback. Keep it coming.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autopartsguy View Post
Oh No not another one of these light hearted responses, planning on updating our MH not altering what I have so lighten up. Don't try to measure me by what you think I read or post. I am sure the forum does not need your negative opinion. So stick-it up your nose, yes you 530ktm
Well then perhaps you should learn how to put up a thread that makes some sense to us other peons and not get your panties in such a bunch when someone responds to your lame thread in a way you think is wrong. And I am not measuring anyone, not much point in that I learned a long time ago. Oh yes, you may want to put up what it is you are comparing or considering since we are not mind readers. There, my nose is very clear now.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:02 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Boys, Boys, Boys ..... both of you lighten up. Maybe the OP didn't offer up all the info some folks need. Maybe the responder could have just suggested that more info gets offered up instead of making an unnecessary comment. All of us were new here once.

Aren't we getting enough negative stuff on TV nowadays. Chill out or just drop it. Geeeeez

Old 12-10-2015, 08:12 PM   #11

Good for you, hope you feel better. You just don't get it,nothing helpful contributed by you.
Old 12-10-2015, 09:38 PM   #12
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSC9901 View Post
Boys, Boys, Boys ..... both of you lighten up. Maybe the OP didn't offer up all the info some folks need. Maybe the responder could have just suggested that more info gets offered up instead of making an unnecessary comment. All of us were new here once.

Aren't we getting enough negative stuff on TV nowadays. Chill out or just drop it. Geeeeez
It seems "drop it" is the most appropriate course to take at this time.

See My RV Upgrades
Closed Thread