Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Allegro 34TGA vs Bounder 36E???

The DW and I went to look at motorhomes today and these two models are at the top of our list. They both have plus's and minus's.

The Bounder has a 40" Sony TV (every TV I have now is a Sony) and more cabinet space (DW issue). Has anyone tried the sleeper sofa with foot rest option?

The Allegro has a chair instead of just a couch. The TV was a Panasonic. The Allegro is about $7000 less than the Bounder. This is based off of the Dealers MSRP price.

Neither one of the couches was comfortable at all!!

I looked all over in both of these for the A/V equipment and speakers, but could not find them. Where is everything? Also do motorhomes have speakers for the outside (similar to my fiver) without getting the whole exterior entertainment package?

We also looked at some used motorhomes and everyone of them was terrible.

reubenray is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
The DW and I went to look at motorhomes today and these two models are at the top of our list. They both have plus's and minus's.

The Bounder has a 40" Sony TV (every TV I have now is a Sony) and more cabinet space (DW issue). Has anyone tried the sleeper sofa with foot rest option?

The Allegro has a chair instead of just a couch. The TV was a Panasonic. The Allegro is about $7000 less than the Bounder. This is based off of the Dealers MSRP price.

Neither one of the couches was comfortable at all!!

I looked all over in both of these for the A/V equipment and speakers, but could not find them. Where is everything? Also do motorhomes have speakers for the outside (similar to my fiver) without getting the whole exterior entertainment package?

We also looked at some used motorhomes and everyone of them was terrible.
reubenray, We have a 2012 Tiffin Open Road TGA. We have had it since October. We did look at some other brands when we were on the road for 3 months to the east coast. We went with Tiffin due to the look of the Coach and all you get for your $$$$. Also because the Co does stand behind what they Build. If you lift up the TV in the Beadroom you will find all the A/V equipment and the speakers in the Motorhome are around the cabinet's they are covered in Black. We are on the road now and still have cabinet's and Bays that do not have much in them. We are Retired and do not travel with Family so for us it is the best. The Bay on the left side as you go into the Coach is wired for outside entertainment but we have not got that far yet. You could call Tiffin and ask about that before you order or buy or ask the Dealer. We are happy with our choice. We hope you and DW find the one you like..........DH let me research while we were on the Road and this was the best one i liked the only thing i would have liked was a 4 door Frig but i wanted the counter space.

Tractor16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:56 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have been very happy with our Bounder, though as you said there are pluses and minuses to each brand. I'd say just choose the floorplan and features that you like best. As far as comfortable sofas...don't get me started. That is one complaint that I have, and we will be replacing ours with two La-Z-Boy recliners in the near future.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:21 AM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
You know, that was my impression with the Bounder as well. Before we got our rig, the (new) redesigned Bounder was definitely on my list to check out in person. I just about broke my youknowwhat when I sat down on the couch! And, I don't get it either because I've sat on other Flexsteel couches and they weren't that hard. Not sure what is going on there. To contrast, I felt the Tiffin couches were very low to the ground (at least for me). Of course, you buy a rig based on much more than the couch, but just saying.

Couches aside, LOL, you can't go wrong with either the Allegro or the Bounder - so it will really come down to which one you simply like better. They are both nice, solid choices. Go with your gut feeling on which one is right for you, for sure.

Best of luck to you!

go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:03 AM   #5
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I don't believe that you will get much pushback on what I am about to say but Bob Tiffin accepted an invitation to speak at a small RV rally that I attended this fall.

Bob said that "my name" is on the side of the motorhome and we try to treat everyone of our owners like family.

I would have little difficulty in choosing a Tiffin motorhome if the DW likes the floor plan.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:23 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Personally I would looking at the floor-plan, comfort of the sleeping area, driver and passenger comfort, television location, quality of appliances and fixtures, storage, ride quality, kitchen counter space. That kind of thing, not a brand of a $500 television.

Bug512 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder