Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2005, 10:49 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
We are going to look at this unit on Saturday. They have one left that is 2005 fully loaded and has the 2004 pricing (ordered in July but did not get it until 12/04 so they got the 2004 pricing). We haven't even negotiated yet and the price is better than the 34XB we want. It's not the interior color I want but if the price is right I can learn to live with it.

Would love to hear from others who have An Allegro Bay - same floorplan or not. What are your likes, dislikes, etc

Nedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2005, 10:49 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
We are going to look at this unit on Saturday. They have one left that is 2005 fully loaded and has the 2004 pricing (ordered in July but did not get it until 12/04 so they got the 2004 pricing). We haven't even negotiated yet and the price is better than the 34XB we want. It's not the interior color I want but if the price is right I can learn to live with it.

Would love to hear from others who have An Allegro Bay - same floorplan or not. What are your likes, dislikes, etc

Old 04-13-2005, 11:33 AM   #3

We liked the good will of Bob Tiffin. He will fix anything for you. Take it to Alabama at the factory and they will treat you right. Never had to use it but friends did. (their stupid fault) as in bumps/gashes on door, really broken day/night shades they forced them to much. broken refrig door. as in they pushed it. This was 3 friends who couldn't believe Tiffin fixed it free.

DH (Larry) <><
Allegro Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 12:09 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

We have an Allegro Bus, not the Allegro Bay but I am familiar with them. If we were to go with a gasser I would defintely go with the 37DB Allegro Bay. The 34XB is nice but you get more room in the 37DB and the shower is much roomier than in the 34XB (more elbow room). The Bay is built with the same general structural construction as the Bus and it comes off the same assembly line by the same workers. Plus it's backed by one of the true customer service legends in the industry. Our Bus was just about flawless and we really enjoy it. I'm sure you'll enoy the 37DB Bay just as much. If you get it at last year's pricing you may come away with a very good deal indeed.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 12:56 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I'm anxious to see it. I really didn't want a 37 ft motorhome but hubby really does. We don't "need" it but what the heck with a price lower than the 34 BEFORE negotiations I can't say no without looking at it. The things I didn't want on it, such as a leather sofa (have 3 dogs) and bench dinette they said they could change out for us so they are already finding ways to overcome my objections....LOL
Old 04-13-2005, 06:15 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

If they are willing to swap out the bench dinette, see if you can get the legless table with the cabinet attached. That extra foot of counter top and cabinets is really nice.

We have the ultraleather in our coach and have a 100 lb. German Shepherd. The ultraleather actually stands up very well to dogs. Better than fabric, which can snag and pull. Generally there's a blanket on it anyway.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 07:24 PM   #7

The 37DB is one heck of a motorcoach. DP looks and quality at a gasser price. Mine has the 8.1L Vortec engine with Allison transmission and it is a blast to drive. Lots of power and it handles great.
We have found the cargo capacity adequate- on a month long vacation carrying everything we needed (including tools, clothes, groceries, etc.) we still had several hundred lbs. of CCC left over.
Our dog is an 80 lb. Samoyed (big white hair monster!!!) and the Ultraleather holds up really well. The dog hair doesn't stick to the furniture like it would if it were cloth, which makes cleaning a lot easier.
Some of the reasons we bought a Bay- fiberglass roof, roomy shower, beautiful cabinetry, gorgeous full-body paintjob, very tight fit & finish (no air whistles & leaks) and as Cruzer mentioned- it's backed by the finest name in customer support and service- Mr. Bob Tiffin.

Good luck with your purchase!
Dave

Spartan & 350 CAT
Catdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 05:53 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
I guess I was afraid the dog's nails would tear the leather but it's nice to hear that it wears well to the dogs. We have 2 goldens and a lab mix, averaging 60-70 lbs each. We do keep the sofa covered but wondered about being able to keep a cover on the ultraleather without it sliding off all the time.

As for switching out the dinette. They said all they could do is switch it for a free standing dinette which I'm not sure I would like. I will check with them on Saturday though.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:31 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have the 37DB (2004) and travel in it about 6 mos a year. Never feel cramped. Rides well and you forget it is 37 feet. Has plenty of power and economy is around 7.5 on average after 8500 miles.
Believe you will be happy with it. We looked a long time before deciding on it. Great floor plan.
Marv
Old 04-18-2005, 04:36 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
well we finally came to an agreement on the coach and will be going down Monday to sign the papers and pick up the coach. It's more coach than we wanted but it was a great deal and I know we will be happy with it.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:18 PM   #11

Hip, Hip, Hurray Congratulations

DH (Larry) <><
Allegro Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 07:28 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Thank you, I am thrilled. It's loaded and has all leather. I was nervous about that but this group alleviated my fears. Now we are looking at the brake pro vs brake buddy for our toad. Camping World has the Brake Pro on special with free install so I would appreciate any input.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:49 PM   #13

I don't remember which one the Brake Pro is. Is that the surge type controller?
A lot of people swear by the Brake Buddy, then again everyone swears by just about every braking system out there depending on which model they have.
I use the SMI Stay-In-Play system. It uses vacuum instead of pressure on a dead pedal like the other systems. I like it because it was easy to install and stays in the toad all the time, it requires 2 inputs (inirtia nd power from the MH brakes) to eliminate false braking, and it has a wireless "Brake On" indicator in the MH so I know when the toad brakes are on. The indicator keeps down incidents of burned brakes since you always know when they are on or off.

Good luck with whatever system you choose!
Dave

Spartan & 350 CAT
Catdave is offline   Reply With Quote