Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-31-2012, 08:09 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Allegro Breeze 28

We have been debating on upgrading our Class C to a larger Class C or a Class A - we went to Camping World today and they had a 2011 Allegro Breeze with 2300 miles. I don't know much about the diesel engines vs. a gas as far as upkeep etc. Does anyone have any experience with this unit. If we go with an A, we want one 26 to 30'. Ace is another one we will be looking at - the new 27' (if I can find one) or the 29.2. Any help would be appreciated.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2012, 08:35 PM   #2

We looked very seriously at the Breeze, and we decided to stay away. The 2011 is an introductory year, I believe. My research indicated handling problems, and so forth. I really like the concept of the Breeze and I believe that it will one day be a great way to go, after they have had the chance to make the required corrections.

The 2013 has made significant upgrades to the chassis, steering, slide out, etc. That tells me that customers are making a lot of demands, The price also went up this year significantly.

All this of course is simply my opinion.
Oscar Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #3

A Part of the TiffinRVNetwork • Index page

More info on above link.

Lots of problems with Breeze built before Jan 12, 2012. Many changes and corrections since Jan, 2012.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #4

One thing I noticed -- and annoyed me -- when I looked at a Breeze was that the inside floor isn't flat -- there are "humps" over the wheel wells. I suppose you get used to it, but to me, it seemed silly they just didn't build the floor of the coach 3" higher to have an entirely flat surface.

Also, something to consider in general in upgrading to a DP is that the front wheels turn MUCH farther than on a typical gas coach. So they can be maneuvered around tight spaces a lot better than you would think. Now, obviously, if you have a 30' space to park you can't put a 34' DP in it, but you'd be amazed how much you tight you can turn a 34' DP.

Steve
Old 11-02-2012, 07:17 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Having had a gas Cls A and now a diesel Cls A, a consideration is the engine maintenance. Diesels cost a lot more in annual maintenance but last forever. We love the diesel engine (Cummins) for a lot of reasons and overall it seems much more powerful, a lot quieter since it is in the rear, and it takes the mountains without overheating. It purrs. If I had it to do over again, I would still choose the diesel. For our annual service it runs about $1,500 on the diesel engine and the generator. On the gas coach the cost for the same service was right at $600 per year.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Why not flat floors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
One thing I noticed -- and annoyed me -- when I looked at a Breeze was that the inside floor isn't flat -- there are "humps" over the wheel wells. I suppose you get used to it, but to me, it seemed silly they just didn't build the floor of the coach 3" higher to have an entirely flat surface.

Steve
According to Mr. Tiffin ( told me personally) they wanted to have a unit that was under the 26,001 lbs weight that requires a Class B CDL. The Breeze 32BR weighs 26,000 lbs.
TXUSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:23 AM   #7

You can get servicing for MUCH less than mentioned above. I just had oil change, all filters including air, lube, brake adjust, annual state inspection for $2400.00.

Oooooops, forgot to mention six new tires (Sumitomo 275 X 70R X 22.5), mount and equal in front tires, generator service including spark arrestor, oil and filter and coolant change.

I gave the mechanic a $20 tip and showed up with a dozen donuts for the crew including the two gofers and two tire busters.

It pays to stop at your local garage, (this is a big rig shop), BS with the guys, compliment the office staff, drop off candy, etc once in a while. If we EVER get to go F/T I will arrange our travels to be in this area when scheduled work needs to be done.
OldChief7155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:17 AM   #8

I owned an early 2011 Breeze 28' -- built on November 2010 00 and had a myriad of problems with it, from alignment issues to water leaking into the bays when driving in the rain, to slide-out rattles, to a door awning that was mis-positioned, etc. I finally ran out of patience and decided to move to a Tiffin 34 TGA.

Having said that, I thought the Breeze was a great unit -- small, easy to handle and capable of getting into even the smallest of campsites -- and if the dealer you are working with (I would not look at a private sale without the full certified list of all factory corrections noted post delivery) can show that all of the issues on that particular 2011 were resolved by Red Bay, then I would seriously consider it.

While you can probably get a great price on a 2011 Breeze in the $90 to $100K range, the upgrades to the 2013 model are really significant; albeit at a much higher price.

Dave
Dassman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXUSGUY View Post
According to Mr. Tiffin ( told me personally) they wanted to have a unit that was under the 26,001 lbs weight that requires a Class B CDL. The Breeze 32BR weighs 26,000 lbs.

According to the manufactures' specs on the Breeze 32 -
the unit weighs 23,500 lbs. It has an overall length of 33'2".

The Breeze has a lower profile than most - with only 11'2" exterior height. It provides 6'6" interior height clearance - The exterior width is only 95 inches (or 7'11").

The majority of similar units have an exterior height of 12'3" or more and are at least 5 or 6 inches wider (exterior).

We have looked at the unit and it seems that the raised portion is to allow for wheel clearance while keeping the coach body lower to the ground.
User1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
We have a 2011 32BR and have had none of the issues you speak of other than the steering. HOWEVER, that was corrected with an alignment and a steer safe was added. I have since removed the steer safe and added a blue ox true center only because I wanted too. As far as the steering goes I was advised they changed 2 things…. tire pressure reduced and a change to the alignment specs. Everyone I have met with a Breeze (over a dozen now) at rallies are VERY happy with their unit. One person even did a 3 month trip through Alaska with NO problems nor damage to his unit, a Breeze 28.
TXUSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:53 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
We haven't made any decisions yet - it is very discouraging when I read about all the problems people seem to have on these motorhomes (or any other for that matter). I guess I don't understand why, after spending a lot of money on an RV, a sway bar has to be installed, or an alignment has to be done, new shocks installed etc. We have looked at other units such as ACE, Winnebago 30T, Daybreak 30 - we don't want to go over 30'. I think I would prefer a used RV where many of these problems have been resolved (hopefully)!. I appreciate all your comments.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:23 AM   #12

I too have a 32 foot Breeze. I had not major issues. Just small things. She handles well and the mileage is about 11 mpg.
2012 Tiffin Breeze 32 FT.
Mrpictureman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 04:06 AM   #13

My Tiffin Breeze has done very well. I am very pleased with my purchase now after 2 years of ownership. My mileage was about 13 mpg with my speed at 62 to 65. coming back from from Texas. I learned more about her on this trip then the whole time I had her. I think the real key was making sure all systems were a go before leaving. Bleeding the moisture from the brake lines and then and letting the system air back up. Making sure my tire pressure was at 85 psi. Test driving her before the trip to be sure all systems were a go.

Fred J
SoCal
2012 32 Breeze
Mrpictureman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:17 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
For the size of Class A you are considering (27 - 32 ft.), you might look at a Monaco Safari Trek. We love ours. You get the living space of a 38' coach in a 29' package and a huge bathroom. We don't have a bedroom, we do have a full-size queen bed that recesses into the living room ceiling during the daytime.

Treks are a high quality coach made up through 2008 model year. Later models were all on Workhorse chassis with 8.1 liter GM gas engine.

For more info check out Trek Tracks on the web. Some coaches listed for sale in the classified section.
zekegb is offline   Reply With Quote