Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2014, 06:49 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Allegro Bus opinions

Looked at a new Allegro Bus 40SP.
Never owned a Tiffin & know all the good things people have to say about the service & how Bob Tiffin stands behind them.

But my question is...
What issues have you had with your Allegro Bus & how many times have you had to go back to Tiffin?
Why some have left Tiffin loyalty for the Liberty chassis of the American Tradition? Too many rattles in the flex of the Bus.

Spending a chunk of money & very confused
StuartS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2014, 07:26 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
You might get more response if you moved this to the Tiffin Owners Forum?

I have never owned a Tiffin, so I can't help on that. I have owned 2 American Eagles and American's Customer Service has been phenomenal. I have never been to the American Factory after owning my first one (new to me) for 11 years and I have owned this one for 3 years. I purchased both of mine used and American is always very helpful over the phone and more than willing to speak with my service technician locally.

Good luck in you search, if you can find a good American product I would not hesitate.
jeryan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:24 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
New to this forum...
Where do I find the individual manufactures forums on IRV2?
Old 08-11-2014, 08:29 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome...

Scroll over "Owners Forums on the top most bar. It lights up all the individual companies. You can save that link to your favorites and then when you open irv2 it will go directly to where you read the most.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:33 AM   #5

Perhaps a different approach?

Might I suggest a different approach to selecting a Class A motorhome:

1. Find the Chassis you like, the strongest you can afford.

2. Select the engine and transmission you prefer.

3. Select a builder who constructs a quality floor, strong sidewalls and roof, and your desired floor plan.

4. Consider how long the company has been in business and their reputation.

Don't get locked into a particular manufacturer. You'll be out of warranty soon enough.

You can go from a Prevost Chassis all the way to a Winnebago Minnie.

Then drive similar models from the manufacturers and see how they 'feel'.

Enjoy the search!

JohnnyB
Old 08-11-2014, 10:12 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Johnny B gave you very good advice. I would more strongly emphasize look at the length of time the company has been in business. There are several companies that went out of business and were bought out by other companies. If you have an older coach from the original company that went out of business sometimes it is hard to get information on it.

On behalf of Tiffin owners. I have a 2005 allegro bus that I bought used. When I call the tiffin customer service line they do not ask if I bought it new they just ask for the serial number to make sure they get the right information to me. Same for parts. I have not had any huge problems with my allegro bus. Problems I have had that were not caused by me were cracked injector line which was a problem with cummins engine. Slow jack which was an HWH part. etc. The only actual coach problem I have had was a leak in my shower drane which I got fixed at a local dealer.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:09 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
thanks all

We are between the Allegro Bus 40 & the American Coach Revolution 42 (maybe the AC Tradition).