Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2017, 10:41 AM   #15

The RV needs to be parked on a level surface to first determine a proper 4-corner measurement at the lowest frame points. If the frame is out then springs. If not, as others have suggested (and since the new spring didn't help) the house body may have shifted on the frame.
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2017, 02:02 PM   #16

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryl View Post
It's called Bud's spring shop. 1420 Arcadia road. You can see the building from rt 283 and rt 30. I'll call there Monday and see if I can get the name of the guy that knew what to do and post it. Tried to call but no answer today.
I called there today and they told me that the guy's name is Chuck, if you go there, I would make sure you talk to him. Please let me know if you go there and what your experience there is.

Again Experience always trumps theory

I guess we are all anxious to hear what estrella.dee's problem was and how they fixed it.
Old 08-29-2017, 07:33 AM   #17

My 1998 Crusiemaster leans to right a little and always has, my son and I have looked for any concerns none found. He owns a 2008 Damon and we found his rig has 1 more spring and thicker in size than the other the left. Just saying
Old 08-29-2017, 08:31 AM   #18

National RV Owners Club
That sounds like the HELPER spring that they put on mine.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:57 AM   #19

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by estrella.dee View Post
Gerryl- It is built on a Ford chassis. I will show this link to my husband in the morning. LaMesa RV in Phoenix said we need to take it to spring experts as the one new leaf spring didn't work. We called the Tiffin suspension expert & he said we may need a 2nd leaf spring up front. Another "expert" said we may need a new rear one. [emoji15]Tiffin guy said it was the worse leaning problem he's heard of when we sent him measurements. It is only 2 years old!

Thanks so much for your help! We'll look at the thread in the morning. We had a truck accidentally "throw" its back bed cover onto the front of our car today while on the interstate doing extensive damage. We were on our way to PHX to take care of RV problems. The car problems took precedence. We are exhausted. When it rains, it pours!
Still waiting to hear if you found out what your problem was.: popcorn:
Old 10-10-2017, 07:14 AM   #20

36LA questions....

We are considering ordering a 2018 36LA and I do want to know if the additional 5" on the steel tubes was the "fix" to the 36LA broken welds problem?

Up until now, I had not heard of any major issues with the 36LA so I am very interested if the broken weld problem is fixed or if it is still an issue.
Happy Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:20 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Pat View Post
We are considering ordering a 2018 36LA and I do want to know if the additional 5" on the steel tubes was the "fix" to the 36LA broken welds problem?

Up until now, I had not heard of any major issues with the 36LA so I am very interested if the broken weld problem is fixed or if it is still an issue.

Fixed on the 2017 and 18 models.
DWRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:23 PM   #22

Hi Gerryl & others who have posted to my original messag

- So sorry to be slow in our response. We had a plane trip to Florida and other things going on & I got behind on everything! So here is how our major tilt was finally fixed. We took it to a company called Straightline Suspension in Mesa, AZ, who had experience in fixing this problem in other RV's, & had fixed other Tiffins, so felt comfortable with them. Had to leave it a couple weeks, but they did the job. They had to put in two tapered leaf springs in the rear of the vehicle with 1-inch spacers (maybe some would call them blocks perhaps) on each end of the spring. Cost over $1000. We do not overload our RV, so feel like it probably should have been designed with these extra leaf springs to start with. The RV is only a bit over 2 years old. We wrote Mr. Bob Tiffin about this issue and today received a check from Tiffin for the repairs. We were thrilled that they stand by their product! Thank you, Mr. Tiffin!
Dee Estrella
estrella.dee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allegro