Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2014, 10:38 AM   #1

Allergo Breeze

In May we bought a 2012 Allegro Breeze 32BR and it is turning out to be the worst decision of my life. Nothing but problems. Batteries not charging, unable to get TVs to find satellite, was supposed to have engine brake (not), brakes pull and grab, systems not shown in owners information.

One reason I purchased the Tiffin was the good things I had heard about the brand. It seems to be proving very wrong. The hour wait on the phone to talk with a tech at the factor is frustrating. It is a two hour drive to a shop only to leave with them scratching their heads and problem not fixed.

I have wished for my older smaller RV back many time over the last three months.
simplymag is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2014, 10:50 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
For best results, you should try http://www.tiffinrvnetwork.com/forum/

Bunch of Breeze owners there and a great group of folks.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:06 AM   #3

Solo Rvers Club

Glad you're aboard. Sorry you're having problems with the new to you rig. May want to ask a Moderator to move this to the Tiffin Forum. May find more answers there. Best of luck in getting the issues resolved so you can enjoy your adventures and be safe.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:59 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
You did not say where you lived...I bought a Allegro Bus several years back and it was 3 years old. Went to the factory they repaired things I did not see and warranted
many items and the bill was more than fair!!!!

gtony2
gtony2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:09 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Sorry to hear of your problems. Many here have had disappointing experiences immediately after taking delivery, on virtually any brand you might name.

You don't say if it is new.

Tiffin has a good reputation for helping owners work through problems. If you haven't already, I'd give them a call.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:33 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Sorry to hear your problems, but the things you have listed do not seem to be Tiffin created problems on your 3 year old new to you rig.

TV Satellite dish and TV linkup. These are usually user problems. Try the Technology forum on this website for help.

Batteries not charging: This could be a switch problem, a battery problem, a fuse problem or a converter/inverter/charger problem. Again not a Tiffin problem on a three year old rig.

Engine Brake: This normally would be listed on the original invoice at sale. If bought used, the dealer or previous owner might have misrepresented the existence of the EB but not likely that Tiffin would have done so.

Brakes pull and grab. Did the brake shop you used indicate that this was a manufacturing problem or a wear problem? What corrective action did they recommend?

Things not in Owners Manual: Usually only chassis and house info is in those manuals. The add-ons like a Sat Dish or TV or Microwave or Clothes Washer are supported by manuals available from the item manufacturer web site. Some manufacturers do a more detailed job of manuals than others.

Now I am not a Tiffin lover, but once you identify the problem and the appropriate source of corrective action it shouldl reduce you frustration level with your new rig. The factory may not be of much help on the items you have listed.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:38 PM   #7

I don't own a Tiffin anything, but I looked hard at the Breeze a couple years ago. On paper, it seemed perfect. Wound up going a different direction for a number of reasons but hadn't thought of it much until about a month ago, when we were in a campground with a Tiffin owner out of Houston. He said that he had bought a Breeze and was very unhappy every minute he owned it. Finally made Tiffin take it back on a Phaeton with full refund. His list of complaints were long and serious, including a couple you mention - no engine brake, odd braking behavior, and odd steering.