Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2014, 07:18 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Allied Insurance

We currently have our motor home insurance with State Farm but just got a quote from Allied Insurance for half the amount. Allied was mentioned in an article by RVing Illustrated so I decided to request a quote. Would appreciate any advice anyone has to offer.

Gauke is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2014, 12:00 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
They did good on all of our car mishaps over the years. Just switched the MH from Progressive to Allied to save a 1/3 tank of fuel cost.

1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:18 PM   #3

Switched from SF to Allied, half the price and they are great to work with. I went through Farm and City Insurance Services in Forest City,Iowa. They to were recommended from the Forum...
Old 03-25-2014, 08:29 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just received a quote from them and they low balled our usage so the cost was low but not correct. They put 30 days a year and that is about 25% of our actual usage! read the fine print.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:44 PM   #5

Started a policy with Allied today. Shopped around and they were the cheapest. I have no experience with them so can not comment on how they respond to claims. I got quotes from Miller Ins. in OR., and from the new FMCAInsurance program. Both quoted Allied and both quotes were same. I went with Miller Ins.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauke View Post
We currently have our motor home insurance with State Farm but just got a quote from Allied Insurance for half the amount. Allied was mentioned in an article by RVing Illustrated so I decided to request a quote. Would appreciate any advice anyone has to offer.
I have had Allied for many years (more than 30) for home, autos and investment properties. When we got our first motorhome in 2007 we went with Allied for insurance on it also. At the time I was checking with my agent to see if they even insured motorhomes and he told me that indeed they did and that Allied was making a big push to grow that part of their business. Their policy was specifically made up just for motorhomes so that it includes full replacement value, etc. Their motorhome policy is not a glorified automobile policy.

I had one claim on our first motorhome when a deer ran into the side of us. The claim was paid in full minus the deductible with no problems at all. The motorhome was repaired to like new condition and Allied worked with the body shop to make sure that the work was done properly. The Allied field adjuster was very thorough and pleasant to work with.

I just had a claim on our CRV toad in January after I backed into a vehicle in a parking lot. This required a new tailgate and bumper to the tune of over $2000. The whole experience of getting it repaired was as pleasant as it could be thanks to Allied. I had the repair done at one of their approved shops so that everything was handled between the shop and Allied. All I had to do was drop the car off and pick it up. The shop even provided a very nice SUV as a loaner at no charge.

I would highly recommend Allied for motorhome insurance and also for home and autos. My agent is Asset Protection Agency in West Des Moines, IA. Asset Pros | Protecting your assets, not just selling insurance.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Allied or Nationwide Insurance in any manner other than being a satisfied customer.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:48 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Allied

We have a call into a local agent who handles Allied and National and I'll let you know what I find out. I've also e-mailed Chris and Charles Yust but have not heard from them yet. Thanks so much for all of the comments and I'll keep you posted.
Gauke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:21 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
I'm very partial to State Farm, having had great experience with them for years, until we started fulltiming. However, Allied is rated A+ by A.M. Best, and given a "stable" outlook, so at least they're good and healthy on the financial side. They've been around for a very long time, and that usually doesn't happen if you're in the habit of screwing people. So, I guess you'll be ok! Good Luck!!
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:26 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
I had Allied (which is a division of Nationwide Insurance) for the first 2 years of RV ownership. They kept raising my rate each year and I had no claims or other reason for them doing so. I just changed to Blue Sky and I shall see how that goes at time of renewal.
Good Luck....
Thanks,
thisislivn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:30 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have also been with State Farm for many years but since they do not insure fulltimers we are going to switch to Allied and FCIS in Farm City, Ia. Time will tell.
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:15 AM   #11

Quote:
Just received my annual Allied RV Insurance policy copy (the policy renews each year in May). They have expanded their benefits to include full Roadside Assistance Coverage with their policy and the premium decreased by $25.

Also my Vanishing Deductible is down to $250 now.

Pretty good!
Old 04-21-2014, 09:54 AM   #12

Wink Raising Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisislivn View Post
I had Allied (which is a division of Nationwide Insurance) for the first 2 years of RV ownership. They kept raising my rate each year and I had no claims or other reason for them doing so. I just changed to Blue Sky and I shall see how that goes at time of renewal.
Good Luck....
Thanks,
Their all the same and in bed with each other your rates will go up with all the rest of them in due time.Over time there is no "good deal" with any of them..

donandmax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance