Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2014, 03:45 AM   #43

I won't comment on the slide since i'm way to new to know that. I do know there are several type of slide mechanisms. If I was a betting man I'd wager your floor is probably installed in 2-pcs. While sheet vinyl flooring can be relatively inexpensive (depending on quality) they probably weren't concerned about installing it as 1-pc to add a "water barrier" it would also raise the staples slightly. I can't wait to here the definitive answer since I'll probably do the same as you when weather and time permits (carpet/sheet vinyl wonder). Since with a previously loved unit I have no idea what lurks in the carpet fibres. It would be nice when one of our resident experts or someone who has a similar flooring composition answer. I think this is a fairly common flooring combination prior to the no-carpet front trend that has developed. One thing I do see is that no-carpets especially in the living area helping coach resale. It may/may not add much but I think will make easier to sell.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2014, 05:48 AM   #44

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mmorgan, On my MH the slide moves on rollers in the main floor.. If you are not getting a wheel track in the carpet I would suspect yours is the same..

Old 02-01-2014, 06:48 AM   #45

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
rollers are fixed on main floor. your vinyl extends just a bit under carpet. You should have no issue with removing all that and the tacky gold metal- and the zillion staples.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:49 PM   #46

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
My Neighbors did their Suncruiser a year ago and when it gets cold it has gaps in the planks throughout the floor. these seem to go away in the summer so it seems the floor is always in motion.

Craig & Carolyn Roberts
2006 Newmar Kountry Star 3910 KSDP 2002 Saturn SL Toad.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:03 PM   #47

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
On my Winnebago the floor had one piece of sheet vinyl covering the entire plywood floor. The carpet was placed on top of that and stapled down.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:32 AM   #48

I installed Allure in a Breakroom where I used to work, Area is 30 x 40. Did the job in a day.
Easy install
As for Durability, it was only in there for about 3 years, looked like new still, even after an idiot used a buffer, and wax on it a couple of times. The only reason it was removed was because some other idiot needed to spend/waste some federal flood money and put in that ugly industrial tile speckled tile, which everyone hated. btw, break room was on 4th floor,
We did have occassional water issues with a clogged drain ion the balcony, and subsequent water coming in the door area, the Allure just dried out with no problem.
Next time I redo the floors in my house, Allure is going in
Old 02-04-2014, 11:43 AM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I installed Allure planks in my MH 2 years ago. I thought I rolled all of the seams really good but quite a few of them have opened up. I am going to replace it with one piece of sheet vinyl.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:55 PM   #50

Hi, what color is the allure planking you put down, sure looks nice.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:23 AM   #51

Forest River Owners Club
Allure Vinyl Flooring

I just finished putting the Allure Vinyl Plank flooring in the tin can. We used the type with the grip-strip. It was easy to install, to cut simply scribe and break. A box cutter can be used for intricate cuts. We are really happy with the results.
Name:   IMG_9369.jpg
Views: 1441
Size:  107.6 KB

Name:   IMG_9375.jpg
Views: 1349
Size:  115.4 KB
Old 02-13-2014, 06:23 AM   #52

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Chillbilly, Wow, that looks nice. Donn't you like that better than carpet?
Old 02-13-2014, 07:52 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
I installed Allure planks in my MH 2 years ago. I thought I rolled all of the seams really good but quite a few of them have opened up. I am going to replace it with one piece of sheet vinyl.
I had that problem in any area that wasn't very flat such as a metal conduit cover that had previously been under carpet. The tacky adhesive was designed to resist lateral movement but still be able to release when picked up if an owner had to replace a single plank.

If you just put a small drop of super glue in the area of the seam that has popped up and press for 15 seconds, it takes care of the problem, for good. Of course, if you have to replace the plank, it would be a 2 plank job at that point!
Old 02-13-2014, 07:57 AM   #54

Just for the hell of it, here are some pictures of our previous TT that we did in Allure light bamboo. When we went to sell, it sold the first day we listed it.

These were before I put the quarter-round down.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:39 AM   #55

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillbilly View Post
I just finished putting the Allure Vinyl Plank flooring in the tin can. We used the type with the grip-strip. It was easy to install, to cut simply scribe and break. A box cutter can be used for intricate cuts. We are really happy with the results.Attachment 55957

Attachment 55958
Very pretty and clean looking, great job!
Old 02-16-2014, 07:02 PM   #56

We did Allure with the sticky strip in a sun room we added to our last home in Rochester NY. It was also the entrance from the pool. We loved it we didn't heat it all winter and never had issues with it and loved the clean up. We want to do it in our 2004 Damon MH also. Couple questions I'm trying to find answers to but not having luck. Our LR slide has 3 rollers about 6 to 8" wide and there is carpet now under the slide.
1) Once the carpet and pad are out it has to be about a 1/4" drop I would think. Is it ok just to put the allure on the existing subfloor.
2) Can you get the carpet out from under the slide and is it worth it. Or do you cut the carpet with a straight edge in front of the slide and glue the edge down then put the allure to it and use a edge strip over both?
We do a lot of off roading also and try to clean up but this carpet has to go so we are going to do this project this spring and would be grateful for the advise.