Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2014, 05:29 AM   #71

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
I will not install Allure, anywhere.
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2014, 05:39 PM   #72

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We are contemplating removing the carpet and installing some sort of "other" flooring in the LR as well as on the slide. My question is how to deal with the edge of the slide that now has a kind of flexible plastic strip that the carpet rests on. If the floor is meant to float, how do you finish that edge so it doesn't look like crap?

Hopefully I'm explaining that well enough.
Red Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:49 PM   #73

On the slide: you have to add a piece of plywood to extend just past the main floor where the slope is for the slide to come up.
That black plastic piece is just a stiffener for the carpet to give you a "virtual" flat floor. And to cover the edge of the main floor
Old 07-03-2014, 06:30 AM   #74

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Ekberg View Post
On the slide: you have to add a piece of plywood to extend just past the main floor where the slope is for the slide to come up.
That black plastic piece is just a stiffener for the carpet to give you a "virtual" flat floor. And to cover the edge of the main floor
Thanks for the respone Ernie. How do you secure the outer edge of the last plank on the slide so it doesn't flap and still have a floating floor? Is there some sort of moulding for that purpose?

I really need to have a detailed look at my slide to wrap my head around this. It's easier for me to visualize when I see how it all fits together.
Red Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:03 PM   #75

I glue it down. I float no floors. Gluing one piece down won't hurt a thing. I use vinyl stair nose trim which I set on top of the last plank. I use contact cement for the trim.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:44 AM   #76

Quote:
I glue it down. I float no floors. Gluing one piece down won't hurt a thing. I use vinyl stair nose trim which I set on top of the last plank. I use contact cement for the trim.
Ernie, what is your recommended brand in a plank style floor?

Stano
Stano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 07:05 AM   #77

For vinyl planks, Mannington, Armstrong and Karndean all have great products that you can research
Old 12-07-2014, 08:01 AM   #78

Allure Resilient Vinyl Plank Flooring

Quote:
For vinyl planks, Mannington, Armstrong and Karndean all have great products that you can research

I can give a personal testimony for Mannington Adura 16"x16" tile. Mine is glued and grouted just like residential. We had it installed in July, 2011. Since that time it had spent time in hot, humid south Florida in August and zero in Tennessee in January. We are full timers with pets and we wear shoes in the coach it looks as good as the day it was installed. Highly recommend.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 05:58 AM   #79

Forest River Owners Club
See my previous posts and pictures on this flooring which I installed in my Airstream trailer. The flooring held up great all through last winter without any gaps or buckleing. It has now sat all shut up in south Florida since May 1st. We will be returning after the holidays, and will find out how it held up over the summer temperatures exceeding 100 degrees. I will post again after the 1st of the year.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:06 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillbilly View Post
See my previous posts and pictures on this flooring which I installed in my Airstream trailer. The flooring held up great all through last winter without any gaps or buckleing. It has now sat all shut up in south Florida since May 1st. We will be returning after the holidays, and will find out how it held up over the summer temperatures exceeding 100 degrees. I will post again after the 1st of the year.
Will be looking forward to your post on the above!

Stano
Stano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:21 PM   #81

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Has anyone seen separation issues with the Allure Ultra, the snap together planks?
TexasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 08:22 PM   #82

Thinking of doing our unit sometime next year. When I do, I know it won't be Allure as I originally planned! Reason? Going to listen to the resident expert here, Ernie! Be foolish not to do so in my book. Also we spend time here in the Phoenix area actually had a person at Home Depot recommend against the Allure. Expect maybe with all the snowbirds here about, he may have had some experience with it. We are full timers but spend winters here as the wife's sister and husband have a home here. Also going to glue it down. Why? The resident expert says so and that is good enough for me. Have his recommendations stored away someplace, just hope I can find them when the time comes!
jablair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 04:53 PM   #83

Forest River Owners Club
We have arrived back in South Florida where our Airstream has been sitting waiting for us since last May. As you know we installed the Allure planks last winter. It held up great last winter through temperatures ranging from 40 to 85. Through the summer the temperature has reached 130 degrees inside the trailer for many days in a row. We didn't know what we would find when we arrived. But the floor held up great. There has not been any buckling or lifting at all. I would install it again without a second thought.
Old 01-27-2016, 04:03 PM   #84

Check this video, it may give some ideas
https://youtu.be/B6O9z_cG-jQ
Swan1959 is offline   Reply With Quote