Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2010, 04:09 PM   #1

alpha see-ya and national tradewinds

Hi guy's,Ihaven't been around for a while. I have some questions.
We are thinking about tradeing or saleing our 1999 kountry star gasser for an older dp,mabey 2000-2002 year model.The DW likes bright interiors with leather,white,light oak,etc.
We have looked at a few online an in person.she likes the alfa's an tradewinds because of the brightness,I just want a good coach with at least a 300hp big block 6speed,with air bags. I know they are both out of business an alpha had a fiberglass problem.
My questions are,what year did the glass problem's start? Do any of you have any first hand information on any of these coach's?
Any info you might have would be great.I may not answer for a while,but I will be reading it all.
Thanks
Charlee

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2010, 04:37 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Thumbs up

I have a Tradewinds 2001 7390 and I love it. It has a 300 CAT and 6 sp Allison tranny. Good match up. I have no problems with the coach other then the usual like jacks leaking, I learned to not let them sink in dirt and check them for dirt before I retrack them. No problems with fiberglass. It has 2 top a/c's and with the dark windows we kept cool in Vegas at 112. It is on a freightliner chasiss. She handles good on the road, in fact I'm meeting up with two 37' Tradewinds in NM this weekend. My CAT 300 can be set by CAT to a 330, but it does just fine as a 300. If you can find the 2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC, it has the 330 CAT and has fancier interior, plus it usually comes with a w/d if you want one.
If you have any more questions on the National MH's ask on the National Forum, some really great people over there.
As to Alpha having fiberglass problems a ways back National did too. The difference was that National caught it quicker and replaced all that got delivered. They built a great MH, they didn't go under from poor quality. I've not run into anyone that has ever said they would never own another National coach.
We are going to be updating ours in lieu of buying another MH.

sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:16 PM   #3

Thanks Joe, that's the kind of info I am looking for,but the 7390 is a bit pricey for me.
thanks
charlee
Old 07-26-2010, 07:15 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Hi Charlee... we have a 2001 Tradewinds 7372 it has white leather opposing couches and is done in light oak with light colored tile and carpet, we have found the interior to be almost new looking with the exception of a few small cracks in the tile floor, but they are hardly noticable,the furniture has held up really well... as for the exterior, I detailed mine and it shines almost like new, I have no issues with my fiberglass but I do want to replace the decals with something more updated...(not because they are in bad shape), I believe the Tradewinds is a well built nice looking coach...with tons of storage. I figure I average 9 mpg with the 300 hp cat on flat highways, I do get a bit of wander at higher speeds in moderate wind.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:32 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Charlee, over on the National Forum is Vegasdan and The Berrys, both have 37' Tradewinds, and they really love theirs. So much so that both have recently had theirs restriped and painted. They have also done a lot of other updates inside and out. They have pictures posted, check them out.

Remember, it's a buyers market, so shop around.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote