Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2016, 10:40 AM   #1

Alternative to a Danfoss CPC 1047 Hydraulic Pump

I've posted about this under the Monaco section, but the problem is getting bigger. Thought I'd ask over on this forum. I'd like to find out what different coaches used for a hydraulic pump with the Allison 4000 transmission. It doesn't matter what kind of coach - what matters is it is attached to an Allison 4000.

The original Danfoss CPC 1047 is failing for the second time. Danfoss dumped this product line to QCC Corp, and it is no longer in production. The local dealer and QCC can't guarantee that they have the parts to fix it because it did have internal wear when it was rebuilt in in 2010 the dealer told me it would not last for very long (30,000 miles as it turns out but more than the original build!).

QCC can build me another but it will take at least 6 weeks, and cost a lot of money, and at the end I'll have another CPC 1047 which has no service future.

Your help will be much appreciated. I don't know how other brands handle this, but the build sheet on a Monaco lists the major parts - including type, manufacturer, and model.

distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2016, 11:23 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by distaff View Post
I've posted about this under the Monaco section, but the problem is getting bigger. Thought I'd ask over on this forum. I'd like to find out what different coaches used for a hydraulic pump with the Allison 4000 transmission. It doesn't matter what kind of coach - what matters is it is attached to an Allison 4000.

The original Danfoss CPC 1047 is failing for the second time. Danfoss dumped this product line to QCC Corp, and it is no longer in production. The local dealer and QCC can't guarantee that they have the parts to fix it because it did have internal wear when it was rebuilt in in 2010 the dealer told me it would not last for very long (30,000 miles as it turns out but more than the original build!).

QCC can build me another but it will take at least 6 weeks, and cost a lot of money, and at the end I'll have another CPC 1047 which has no service future.

Your help will be much appreciated. I don't know how other brands handle this, but the build sheet on a Monaco lists the major parts - including type, manufacturer, and model.
I do not have a hydraulic pump listed as such on my equipment sheet. I have the power steering pump and the fan motor listed. I don't know much about the mechanics of diesels. Mine lists the steering pump as sauer danfoss and the fan motor as sauer. I doubt this helps but there you go.

gemert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 12:23 PM   #3

On my Safari Panther with the Allison 4000 I have a Sauer hydraulic pump according to my data card. It is a model CPB 1184 LUK. Hope that helps.
Old 10-03-2016, 12:28 PM   #4

I found one on Craigslist.

https://joplin.craigslist.org/hvo/5790063715.html
Old 10-04-2016, 10:13 AM   #5

Thanks guys. I was hoping to get a different model or, better still, an entirely different type of pump - one that is still currently in production and used by a major coach manufacturer.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic