Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2019, 07:27 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
Sí Señor. X2 - even in my C. Loved in in little cars, big cars SUV's. And, no you won't get over it.
Same here, it's an adventure, and every one is different somehow.

When we were working I drove a lot of hours per day/night. Once on our way to EAA Oshkosh to see a special plane I drove all day, all night, and part of the next day. When we were almost there and the plane was scheduled to leave at noon that day, my wife who had slept most of the night was upset because I wouldn't stop at a yard sale. I guess we all have our priorities.

Now at 80 I pretty much limit myself to driving during the daylight hours if possible, but still from early morning to late evening. We do stop occasionally to stretch our legs, and for the other necessities.

Steve

1996 Dodge Cummins 2500 with 1996 Lance 945 camper
dix39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2019, 08:16 PM   #30

Well, the second sign would be hair on your knuckles.
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:56 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo View Post
Yes, you are clinically insane.

You will be glad to know that there are thousands of us that are going to get behind the wheel TODAY and start searching for you. We will see the sunrise, watch as the forests disappear into prairies, climb mountains (slowly), look into the deep valleys of the west, compare the waves marching to shore on both coasts, marvel at the changing color of autumn in New England and stare in awe at the purity of snow blanketing the landscape.

You cannot escape us - we will continue to track you down. And, once we catch you, we will cure you by repeating our journey's highlights over a cocktail, on the curbside and around campfires.

We will be gentle.
I hope we meet you somewhere
Gocats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 06:15 AM   #32

I like to keep moving too. I really dislike sitting in the same campground for very long. 2-3 days and I am ready to put some more asphalt behind me.

Unless it is a particularly hard day on the road, usually caused by traffic or construction, I'm actually a little bummed out when I pull into a camp ground, but I get downright excited when it is time to pack up and leave!*

*Campsites with a stunning view or oceanfront being the exception. I can loiter there a day or two more.
Old 11-10-2019, 12:45 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdracr39 View Post
Am I the only one that actually looks forward to and enjoys travel days? I really like driving and watching the world go by in that ginormous front window. I try to keep it at 5 hours but could easily go double that as long as weather and daylight cooperate. Maybe it will wear off eventually since I am still a Class A newbie.

I’d say if it starts to feel like work, or more of a hassle than its worth. It’s time to hang up the RV. So enjoy and keep it between the rumble strips.
RWDJR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 01:01 PM   #34

Ford Super Duty Owner
My problem is beating my wife to the drivers seat. I would guess she has driven over 60 percent of the time, she hates to navigate.
CWSWine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 03:28 PM   #35

I'm not one for driving around our area and usually try my darndest to get all my errands done in one trip. The motorhome though, it's always nice getting behind the wheel because I know we're heading out for some fun. Only thing that leaves a bad taste in my mouth is the amount of fuel it takes to get us to those fun destinations.
Old 11-10-2019, 04:26 PM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yep. Color me crazy too! I love the life so much that I have mostly given up my former passion of motorcycle camping on long road trips. That could be to aging bones that a Therm-a-Rest just cannot overcome anymore and the loss of riding buddies.

My happy place is in the cockpit, rolling. Campgrounds are the necessary places for RnR and visiting family or, occasionally, work destinations. I'm not ready to FT yet but we do 2-3 months a year and I see that increasing as these bones are less and less willing to winter in the northern Rockies.

... here's the kicker: When I have free time, on the road or not, I'm lurking on this forum or the other one and studying, learning and dreaming. Now that's addicted!
Yonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 03:34 PM   #37

Looks like a lot of us are as “crazy” as you. I’m 72 and I’ve never outgrown my love of driving. We’ve towed over 60,000 miles the past four years, including up to Alaska and back, making memories and friends. I love hooking up the trailer and towing it anywhere anytime. I enjoy the constantly changing views out the windshield and the power of the diesel up front.
bfisher003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 03:56 PM   #38

I can probably drive my 97 Adventurer for longer stretches than I can my Honda Accord due to my back.
Wbago97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 05:12 PM   #39

Personally I'm a lover of the other side of the hill
Springer45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 05:15 PM   #40

Alpine Owners Club
Patty and I say our vacation starts behind the wheel, so we usually leave on a Friday night.

I enjoy driving our coach so much that I get a longing to get behind the wheel and just go for a drive.
We search out roads less traveled. Last working trip we took, we drove MO 7 around Harry S Truman and Lake of the Ozarks. Sometimes narrow, lots of curves and hills. Loved it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MO Hwy 7.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	266881  
Old 11-14-2019, 05:46 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdracr39 View Post
Am I the only one that actually looks forward to and enjoys travel days? I really like driving and watching the world go by in that ginormous front window. I try to keep it at 5 hours but could easily go double that as long as weather and daylight cooperate. Maybe it will wear off eventually since I am still a Class A newbie.
I love it too. Driving, and setting up are my favorites. I can drive all day in the light. Never gets old. I hope it never changes.
spinner24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 05:52 PM   #42

Fleetwood Owners Club
I love driving it! So easy. I never drove anything this big before but practiced for 3 weeks before I got it turning wide corners in my 4runner then when I bought my 33ft Bounder it was a breeze. I only went 500 miles in one fishing trip so far, since I bought it to live in and take care of Mom. But the picture window windshield is wonderful!!! My friends love it too.