Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-06-2015, 10:50 PM   #15
Right on Letmgrow, couldn't have said it better myself. I'm totally satisfied with my low end $40k coach, it makes me happy I always say there's only 2 people in this world I'm trying to please, one is my wife and the other is myself...

89sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2015, 08:15 AM   #16
Winnebago Owners Club
The 'ayes' have it. Find what you really like, sign the check and prepare to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Gordon and Janet
Tour 42QD/inTech Stacker
Gordon Dewald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:18 AM   #17
That is right. You only live once...
BLK-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:47 AM   #18
Monaco Owners Club
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
Break it down. I pay *** per month. I use it ??? days a year. What is the cost to own this per day spent in it?
What is it worth to YOU and no one else?
Don't forget little incidentals like registration fees, fuel, propane, campground fees, insurance and maintenance costs. Oh yeah, depreciation. Then you find the must have gadget to make the RV life better or easier.
This is not a cheap lifestyle.
I love our motor home but knew going in I would be spending big bucks to be able to own it. The weekends we spend with our children and grandchildren make it all worth it. I can't put a price on that. We have a different perspective on things. My wife and I love having our family with us. We have a ball together.
We aren't world travelers and never will be. We live in the country in a nice home with 200 acres of well managed for wildlife land. We all enjoy our surroundings and work hard to improve them continuously. After 4-5 days away from home I get fidgety and want to be back here. If I thought for one minute I would be happy living in a cracker box forever I'd sell the motor home tomorrow. I couldn't do it.
To each their own. We have been campers since 1977 having owned many many tow behind campers, a class C and now a class A. We are weekend warriors except for the NASCAR races at Watkins Glen which is only 162 miles from home. We leave Thursday morning and come back Monday morning. Otherwise we are local weekenders just going out on weekends on weekends so the grandchildren and our children can be with us. I like the camping life but wouldn't care for a steady diet of it.
My wife and I had 1 weekend alone together this summer. We left Friday after work, traveled 50 miles to watch a dirt track race. We stayed at the track that night and went 20 miles to another dirt track to watch the races Saturday night. We had a good time but called home a few times to see what was happening.
I think before anyone spends a ton of money on something they should do some soul searching and be sure they are getting their money's worth.
I have worked at job since I was 12 years old. 59 years in the workforce with the last 33 in my own business. I could afford a very fancy motor home but I don't feel I would get the value out of it.
There is only 1 person who could answer your question correctly and honestly.
Do the math, set your goals and by all means go for it.
Sorry for the long story but I felt it was worth telling. I hope it helps in your decision making.
I envy you if you can actually make your decisions like this! Me, I see, I like, I buy and I happy!!
Jerry, "EWC (SW)" USN Retired
2003 Beaver Patriot Thunder 505 HP C-12 1550 TQ
Allison 4000MH Ram 4X4 towed
gemert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:01 AM   #19
Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
When DW spotted our coach at an RV show I knew I was in trouble. Told her "we are not buying that today". Guess who's name was in the windshield with "sold" next to it before we left.

Just go with it. You both will be happy in the end.
Mark & Nancy
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40KD
Shep dog, R.I.P. Kenzie dog Toad 2015 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:13 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
There are still some great deals on good used DPs out there. It would be hove you to get on line a look. The newer rigs I've looked at don't seem to be built as well or as well complimented as say coaches built between 2003-08. Just my 2 cents worth.

Craig & Carolyn Roberts Apple Valley, CA
2006 Newmar 3910 KSDP 400 ISL Cummins Spartan Mountian Master Chassis
Toad: 2010 Chevy Colorado 4X4
DD788Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:28 PM   #21
Monaco Owners Club
The DW brought it up about a new bigger coach. Lucky man! You're not doomed, but you do have a new coach in your future.
2001 Monaco LaPalma
Workhorse W-22
Chevrolet 8.1L
Mageksl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 06:03 PM   #22
National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
When DW spotted our coach at an RV show I knew I was in trouble. Told her "we are not buying that today". Guess who's name was in the windshield with "sold" next to it before we left.

Just go with it. You both will be happy in the end.
I don't know how long you have been married but I learned a long time if dw wants it, she gets it. Happy wife happy life, need I say more.
Benicia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 06:16 PM   #23
Originally Posted by Benicia Tom View Post
I don't know how long you have been married but I learned a long time if dw wants it, she gets it. Happy wife happy life, need I say more.
HA! I have been married for 47 years. If DW wants something I don't, she had better get a part time job.
That makes me happy and I am 1/2 of the union!
2002 Fleetwood Storm 30H on Workhorse P32 chassis 8.1 gas.
LETMGROW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:30 AM   #24
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Are you doomed? That is the question in the subjet line.

Answer: YES
Question not ask: When did it happen?
Answer: Well you were ask Some questions some years ago to which you replied "I WILL" and "I DO" and after that the questioner said "I No Prounce..."
That's when it happened.

Question: Was it "Doomed" in a good way or "Doomed" in a bad way?
Answer: ________ (you got to answer that one I can not answer for you)

Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote