Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2018, 11:22 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucbyrickg View Post
I don’t have any trouble with dirt accumulation on my back up camera it is mostly just the raindrops that make it a blurred image, I was thinking of making some sort of protective shield to divert most of the droplets away.

You can buy entire washer fluid kit with tank and pump installed the trick would be running the switch all the way back up to the front.

The compressed air idea could work to using an electronic gate valve just like airhorns do.

Rick
I tried a standard windshield washer, but it just wasn't made to pump water up that high, and the water just dribbled out. I have a 12 volt 30psi chemical sprayer pump I was going to try next. It should be able to boost that high.

We take the coach to campgrounds near snow ski areas. The roads usually have an abundance of dirty stuff that gets kicked up turning the camera image into a dark brown blob. The camera is totally waterproof, so I thought of spraying fluid and then blasting the fluid off.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2018, 11:30 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wundertaker View Post
Many Many folks have died/will die "with songs in their hearts---UNSUNG"!!! Including me.

Good saying .
Old 03-22-2018, 11:33 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
I tried a standard windshield washer, but it just wasn't made to pump water up that high, and the water just dribbled out. I have a 12 volt 30psi chemical sprayer pump I was going to try next. It should be able to boost that high.

We take the coach to campgrounds near snow ski areas. The roads usually have an abundance of dirty stuff that gets kicked up turning the camera image into a dark brown blob. The camera is totally waterproof, so I thought of spraying fluid and then blasting the fluid off.

That pump should do it, I would use momentary switches so they don’t get inadvertently switched on and drain your air or empty the fluid bottle rapidly.

I actually think it’s worth a shot if this is a legitimate issue.

Let us know what you come up with.

Rick
Old 03-22-2018, 11:37 AM   #60

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
You have got to be kidding on that broom stick and a hook!

Here's what I bought on Amazon for $15...no shipping charges..works awesome! All Chrome and it Pulls & Pushes

Whatever pulls your rope.
NKK Member 21619 / FMCA Member 465836
rewillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:38 AM   #61

Quote:
You have got to be kidding on that broom stick and a hook!

Here's what I bought on Amazon for $15...no shipping charges..works awesome! All Chrome and it Pulls & Pushes

I think the stick with tthe hook was a made up joke.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:39 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewillia View Post
Whatever pulls your rope.

Whatever yanks your chain!
Old 03-22-2018, 11:51 AM   #63

Quote:
I think the stick with tthe hook was a made up joke.
Thanx Rick...hope so.....apparently I fell for it Hook, line, and Broomstick!
Onward MacDuff!!!

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:03 PM   #64

Quote:
Thanx Rick...hope so.....apparently I fell for it Hook, line, and Broomstick!
Onward MacDuff!!!

Although you never know I mean I guy did become a multimillionaire selling pink plastic flamingos.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:06 PM   #65

Quote:
Although you never know I mean I guy did become a multimillionaire selling pink plastic flamingos.
Isn't that the truth Mr. Goodrum!!!

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:59 PM   #66

All my friends and i cook bacon all the time...WELL do not throw out the grease...it starts fires very good and especially better than diesel on damp wood.. i had problem starting fire when in Canada back in early eighties {in our 32 foot Swinger class A, pulling our early 70's inboard boat.} fishing north of Lynn lake... the native camp caretaker came over and asked if we had any bacon grease as he seen us cooking up a gob in the morning and it worked like a dream...
Old 03-22-2018, 05:39 PM   #67

Georgie Boy Owners Club
I'm currently working on some ideas and products for RVing. I won't go into those yet. But, here is an idea that I wish someone would build. If so, I would buy it.

We need a reliable solution to the pyramid-of-poop problem and the dirty and smelly black tank issues.

Here is my idea: A custom black tank or modifications to existing tanks gets an internal assembly that is essentially a sprinkler system on a linkage controlled by a motor. You throw the switch and the motor moves the sprinkler head up and down inside the tank, with the water from the sprinkler head happily dislodging the "paste" in the tank!

You could even pipe in any scent you would want, once the basic clean cycle is finished.

For tanks with the toilet right over the black tank, I suppose you could push the assembly down into the tank through the toilet. That would probably be a cheaper solution. But, the nicer solution, if money is no object, would be a custom tank with the sprinkler assembly built in. Motor and controller outside the tank with a cell phone App for control.

This idea was the 4th project on my priority list for RV products that I had planned to work on. But, I know that I really won't have any time to put on it!

Come on people. Someone build this idea and I'll buy the first prototype.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:30 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
All my friends and i cook bacon all the time...WELL do not throw out the grease...it starts fires very good and especially better than diesel on damp wood.. i had problem starting fire when in Canada back in early eighties {in our 32 foot Swinger class A, pulling our early 70's inboard boat.} fishing north of Lynn lake... the native camp caretaker came over and asked if we had any bacon grease as he seen us cooking up a gob in the morning and it worked like a dream...

Good idea, I have to be careful around my young boys with anything that flares up.

Good story, thanks

Rick
Old 03-22-2018, 07:38 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by cucotx View Post
I'm currently working on some ideas and products for RVing. I won't go into those yet. But, here is an idea that I wish someone would build. If so, I would buy it.

We need a reliable solution to the pyramid-of-poop problem and the dirty and smelly black tank issues.

Here is my idea: A custom black tank or modifications to existing tanks gets an internal assembly that is essentially a sprinkler system on a linkage controlled by a motor. You throw the switch and the motor moves the sprinkler head up and down inside the tank, with the water from the sprinkler head happily dislodging the "paste" in the tank!

You could even pipe in any scent you would want, once the basic clean cycle is finished.

For tanks with the toilet right over the black tank, I suppose you could push the assembly down into the tank through the toilet. That would probably be a cheaper solution. But, the nicer solution, if money is no object, would be a custom tank with the sprinkler assembly built in. Motor and controller outside the tank with a cell phone App for control.

This idea was the 4th project on my priority list for RV products that I had planned to work on. But, I know that I really won't have any time to put on it!

Come on people. Someone build this idea and I'll buy the first prototype.

What do you think about the macerater toilets?

People I know like them but hate the replacement cost.

What would Elon Musk do?

I guess the big problem is every tank and plumbing is unique to the vehicle.

Thanks

Rick
Old 03-22-2018, 08:41 PM   #70

love the tip!
gweedo295 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent