Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2014, 01:49 PM   #15

Like you we have been looking seriously at moving up. We have looked very seriously at the Aspire and the Anthem but then the Newmar Dutch Star moved into the picture. Similar to the AC it is between the Anthem and the Aspire but the new (2015's) are much closer to the Anthem than the Aspire. Based on a more livable floor plan we will probably go with the Dutch Star when the time comes.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2014, 01:59 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I am biased on American, however I think currently Entegra's customer service is also very good based on what I see and hear.

Budget is important, however until you decide on a narrower budget it is difficult to compare because I don't think these are equivalent comparisons. I would recommend narrowing your budget, narrow to 2 Mfg, then compare comparable models. Warranty shouldn't be a major issue, if it is factor a 2nd year warranty on the non Entegra's option in your cost analysis.

I have owned 2 American Eagles, and I think Entegra's offers some very interesting options for the consumer. American customer service since 2001 for me has been absolutely the best from anyone I have ever done business with.

jeryan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:38 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenNSteph View Post
American Revolution hands down.

IMO you have three distinct quality levels in your list and they aren't really comparable. And personally an extra year of warranty would never sway my decision to trade down.
There is no way Revolution is a better made coach than Entegra...to suggest otherwise is to ignore independent reviews by fairly well respected folks. Just don't see where you ID the info to back up your assertion on quality.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:52 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
There is no way Revolution is a better made coach than Entegra...to suggest otherwise is to ignore independent reviews by fairly well respected folks. Just don't see where you ID the info to back up your assertion on quality.

Confirmation bias is something that affects us all. I have personally inspected both coaches and have spoken to two of the largest RV service center managers on the west coast. Plus I have spoken to owners and dealers. The bottom line is that the opinion that I hear from the so-called experts is that the Revolution is more refined and better built. While Entegra's are good coaches and come from a solid llineage, they are still a relatively new line that each year is showing more and more refinements to get it into the Revolution league.

I also know that Entegra owners are a fanatical group that have a lot of loyalty and a little bit of rose-colored-glasses emotionalism over their coaches. However you can see from some of the recall's and other problems that are discussed here and elsewhere Entegra's are starting good but are still just a little bit behind.

Your opinion will of course differ but the fact is there is no consensus of the so-called experts.

Cheers
StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:28 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
I trust dealers no farther than I could spit...that said, Cruzer rated American and Entegra coaches about equal. I am a fan of Entegra, but think that American and Newmar offer much more choice in floor plans. You have spoken before to Entegra being young...that doesn't worry me...what would worry me more is what Fleetwood will do to the American Coach line...just saying'...I wouldn't tell someone not to by American...I'd probably tell them to add Newmar Ventana and Duch Star to their comparison list.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:38 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenNSteph View Post
Confirmation bias is something that affects us all. I have personally inspected both coaches and have spoken to two of the largest RV service center managers on the west coast. Plus I have spoken to owners and dealers. The bottom line is that the opinion that I hear from the so-called experts is that the Revolution is more refined and better built. While Entegra's are good coaches and come from a solid llineage, they are still a relatively new line that each year is showing more and more refinements to get it into the Revolution league.

I also know that Entegra owners are a fanatical group that have a lot of loyalty and a little bit of rose-colored-glasses emotionalism over their coaches. However you can see from some of the recall's and other problems that are discussed here and elsewhere Entegra's are starting good but are still just a little bit behind.

Your opinion will of course differ but the fact is there is no consensus of the so-called experts.

Cheers

Good post and one that I agree with.

To the OP, Jim, you haven't given any indication as to your intended usage of a coach. This question should be the driver for the specific question of "which coach".

If you would consider a used coach the possibilities really increase.

In '06 I purchased a fairly top line 3 year old coach. My wife and I have now lived full time in it 7 years and the coach is now eleven years old. I would not hesitate to pull in the slides in the morning and head to Alaska.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:44 PM   #21

RVCruzer's opinions are only his and highly subjective. I don't exactly think of his blog as a qualified source.

As far as RV dealers I should have said that I was speaking about the owners of two different RV dealerships up and down the west coast. All three are very passionate about RVing. Both of them have been in the business for over 20 years and have seen coaches come and go. They both have very large dealerships (I'm pretty sure the largest in their respective state's) and they have large service departments. Since I speak to them as a good friend they have no reason to lie to me especially when they know I am not in the market for an RV.

I agree that we have to continue to revalute the Revolution line, Fleetwood has been known to cut corners and could bring down the quality why Entegra's raise there. But that is only speculation right now. I also agree that Newmar's line of coaches should be added to the comparison list. (My last coach was a Newmar and it was very well built.)

All in all the perspective buyer should compare a bunch of coaches in the same price range. Different people want and see different things. What I think is design flaws might not bother someone else, while others may be impressed with glitz that doesn't do much for me. Bottom line is the OP asked us our opinion, I gave mine and even if no one else in the world agrees with me it doesn't negate my opinion. Entegra's sell well and so do the Revolutions so obviously people want different things and see different things.

Cheers
StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:00 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
I agree with that, and personally I think American Coach, Entegra, and Newmar are the cream of the crop in this end of the market. I would not hesitate to buy any of them based on quality as they are all good. I think you should make your decision based on floorplans and features. In other words, liveability as all three are well made and have good support. Which one will please you most depends more on your preferences than it does on maufacturing methods or quality. Having said that, in a tie Entegra wins with their two-year warranty.