Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2014, 06:56 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
American Coach or Entegra

Actually drilling down to 3 brands and models. American Coach Revolution 42G, Entegra Aspire 42DEQ and Tuscany 42WX.

The Revolution is the most expensive of the group with the Aspire and Tuscany slightly less so I am wondering what experiences are out there with the different brands.

The other MH model is the Anthem, but I am not sure cost wise if we could swing that from a $ standpoint. The Revolution seems to split between the Aspire and the Anthem. The Aspire seems like a great coach, but just appears to be a step down from the Revolution in a few areas. I feel the same about the Tuscany, but would put it a step down from the Aspire and Entegra in quality and fit and finish.

Any words of wisdom appreciated, our target is to place an order by the Hershey show with delivery in 2015.

Thanks in advance

Jim
MoHoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2014, 07:25 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Revolution all day long my friend, that is a sweet coach.

Good Luck!
DegoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:39 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Look at the fit and finish, chassis and 2 year warranty. After years of MH ownership, I chose the Anthem. I owned the predecessor to the Entegra, a Travel Supreme for 10 years and it was problem free. JMO but I thought it was the best bang for the buck.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:41 PM   #4

What Chuck said, jump up to the Anthem if you can.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:46 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
If you can't then get the Aspire. Two year warrantee. A lot of coach for the dollars. Customer service second to none. If not that then Revolution, but if you're going there then spend the $s more to get Anthem.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:29 PM   #6

American Revolution hands down.

IMO you have three distinct quality levels in your list and they aren't really comparable. And personally an extra year of warranty would never sway my decision to trade down.
StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:26 PM   #7

We just looked at the Aspire DEQ and the Revolution 42G at Tom Johnson's Camping this last weekend.

Really different floor plans. That was our deciding factor to go with the Revolution.

Both were super nice coaches. (now the nearly 2 million dollar Newell was pretty nice too, but the strange Star Trek like bed was just a deal killer for us ...)

John
Old 06-03-2014, 08:15 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
The AC support you'll receive with the Rev is top notch, both on the phone and in person.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:21 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Likewise Entegra support. Their Customer Service dept is amazing. I am thrilled with my Entegra coach. I just toured the AC plant and I was impressed. I think either brand will serve you well. I would decide between them on features, floorplan, and warranty, not brand.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:16 AM   #10

Anthem and yes 2 year warranty swayed me glad. I did and I way upgraded to the entegra anthem too many points to get into, not sure if steve or steph have seen a anthem though. Viewing the post
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:21 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Some of the details

Some of the back of the envelope thinking....

First, all of the floorplans on these units are acceptable without compromise...

The 42 Foot Revolution is being priced at 280K
The Entegra Anthem 42 foot is 320K
The Aspire 42 Foot is 260K
The Tuscany is 260K

On the top of our original short list was the Berkshire 400QL or BH. This is being quoted around 180K for a 2014.

Then I started to look at things like the TAG Axle, Higher torque and HP, Fit and finish, Aqua Hot, Heated Floors, Larger Gen Sets with 6 hourse batteries vs 4, Alisson 3000 tranny vs 2500.

This got me looking at the Entegra Anthem, and that would probably be the one, but still just too much from a dollar standpoint. So moved to looking at the Entegra Aspire. With the Aspire there are certainly some features that are missing from the Anthem, but it is 60 to 80K less so that is to be expected.

This forum then got me looking at the American Revolution. 40K less than the Anthem, but very close in the features of the Anthem (more so then the Aspire) and fit and finish is very close to the same.

So: if we were to push the budget right now the Revolution is at the top of the list. If we don't push the budget the Aspire would win out over the Tuscany from an overall quality standpoint of Brands.

All of the higher end models are certainly a step above the FR Berkshire, which when we originally looked at the Berkshire it fit our requirements and budget and still might be the way we go. Should have stopped looking then, but now the cat is out of the bag ;-) and that cat has the potential of upping the budget by almost 80 to 100K.

To keep things in perspective, we are 65, we will be selling the house and going FT. We only want to do this once ( yeh, everyones dream ). We anticipate 5 to maybe 7 years until we go back to a house without wheels and don't want to buy too little and shorten the enjoyment that will keep us happy for that time. We will be travelers not parkers so it is important to have a reliable coach as we don't want to be sitting in hotels while the damn thing is in for repair.

Then there is also the need to sell the coach at the end of all of this which started me thinking that a used Entegra or Amer Coach would be more viable to sell then say the Berk.

So to keep a long story short ( oh, you say it is too late for that ) Hershey 2014 will be the point were we will probably want to reach the model decision.

Thanks for the comments and thoughts. I was pleased to see that Amer Coach is considered highly for customer service along with Entegra. It also appears that Amer Coach has the ability to do a factory delivery, that would really swing things their way if this is correct.

Regards and thanks for letting me do a mind dump as I think this through,

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by campbell36 View Post
Actually drilling down to 3 brands and models. American Coach Revolution 42G, Entegra Aspire 42DEQ and Tuscany 42WX.

The Revolution is the most expensive of the group with the Aspire and Tuscany slightly less so I am wondering what experiences are out there with the different brands.

The other MH model is the Anthem, but I am not sure cost wise if we could swing that from a $ standpoint. The Revolution seems to split between the Aspire and the Anthem. The Aspire seems like a great coach, but just appears to be a step down from the Revolution in a few areas. I feel the same about the Tuscany, but would put it a step down from the Aspire and Entegra in quality and fit and finish.

Any words of wisdom appreciated, our target is to place an order by the Hershey show with delivery in 2015.

Thanks in advance

Jim
MoHoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:35 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
I just want to point out that the Anthem has 8 batteries, not six, and they are the more desireable AGM batteries that require zero maintenance. Also, there are some one and two-year old used Anthems available as some people are trading up.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:29 AM   #13

Jim,
Strongly consider slightly used and buy up. Get a 2 year old Rev or Anthem and be even MORE happy! ;-)

See my sig, I am biased. Love my Rev, and it is an older unit. JUST yesterday I emailed both AC and Spartan with questions. I am amazed that I get sub-hour detailed responses from both...STILL. My unit is a 2005.

Chris
akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:37 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
I correct myself. The Anthemn has 8 HOUSE batteries. Total 10 batteries including the chassis.