Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-05-2013, 07:39 AM   #15
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Originally Posted by JoeMoe View Post
... Any subjection what model and size I should go with?
I'd not be qualified for that, but there are many here that will be able to help you decide. You might ask that specific question in the technology forum.

Good luck!

Jay & Peggy Monroe with Dolly
Can't take it with you - don't plan on leaving any behind
2016 Newmar London Aire 4553, Spartan chassis
Wrangler Unlimited toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #16
My Heart Interface 20 inverter failed last year also. I located a company called Tekris Power Electronics Inc, (888) 483-5747. They have stores in NJ and AZ. Chris can repair some failures on the Heart system, but if the main board is bad, parts are no longer available.

I purchased a new Magnum ME2012 from Tekris. They have the best prices and outstanding tech support. I also had to purchase the new control panel. I did not have to rewire anything. The new control panel uses the same RJ11 phone cord the old system used and fit right into the old cutout. The new inverter is slightly larger, so I had to cut a new plywood base but it still mounted in the same compartment.

The Magnum 2012 is not a pure sine wave model, however I have run a new Samsung LED TV, computer, and even a Sony Playstation on the Magnum and everything works well.

vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #17
FWIW I bought a 1996 American Dream about a month ago with less than 100K miles, 2 year old tires (date code verified) with upgraded flat screen TV's and leather furniture (which is really like new) for less than $25K. We got it from a private seller and I'm the fourth owner.

So far we've driven it from Chicago (purchase point) to central Ohio to South Eastern Ohio to Savannah to Naples, FL where we are now. We haven't had a hic up yet, knock on real wood trim.

The deals are out there, just be willing to do the leg work and act fast when you find the right one. I looked for a looooong time and looked at many coaches in person and thousands on line.

There is a dealer who keeps American Eagles around and sells them for mid $20's and up in South Carolina. I think it's Carolina Coaches or Karolina Koaches. I spoke with them a couple of times and ended up not buying from them ut they did have some stuff I was interested in and their prices were within the realm of reason.
oneeyedmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:53 AM   #18
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
The online NADA guide is based on average depreciation, not actual market values. The numbers can get way out of whack for popular models, especially as they get older. A popular model will hold value, but the guide keeps on depreciating it at about 6% per year. I suspect Dreams and Eagles pretty much stop depreciating after about 12-15 years.
DW and I, not so long ago, ended up with a motorhome to sell that we took in trade for a real estate purchase. When we sold it, I found that the selling prices were far above NADA listings, so I priced it at average retail. When people called I explained that that was the price, and we had no reason to lower it. Many callers/lookers were adamant about NADA pricing, some even wanting to show me "evidence". When I told them I did not care, some were outraged - took it very personally. Long story short - it was a popular model, we sold in about 60 days, for the price we wanted (average retail). NADA just does not work sometimes.

jzick is offline   Reply With Quote