Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2014, 10:06 PM   #15

One other point. At nearly $300K the mattress should NOT be a concern at all. Replace it if you feel strongly, on either coach.

Chris
akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2014, 07:35 PM   #16

We spent the day at Tom Johnson's, test driving two Revolutions and a Tour. We definitely like the Revolution 42G the best. Now just need to come to an agreement on price ...

John
Old 06-01-2014, 06:59 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
I look forward to seeing photos of your latest purchase.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:54 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Never owned anything except American Coach in for Class A, customer service on both of my used units from American Coach have been unbelievable from any Mfg I have ever done business with.

If floor plan is satisfactory to you, I don't see how you would be disappointed with the American product, but, if the floor plan isn't than I would look hard at the other option.
jeryan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:04 AM   #19

Took the plunge and will pick up our new 42G on the 14th.

Now to learn about diesels and arcane things like tag axel dumping.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:49 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernerDad View Post

Congratulations! You will find a lot of help on this forum! Also, American Coach has a forum on Yahoo.

Start looking for a good reliable Diesel shop near you that is certified for your motor and chassis. Also read on this forum. American has many Rally's also that are helpful on the learning curve.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, but searching on this site is unbelievably helpful! I look forward to seeing your pictures!
jeryan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:45 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Congratulations!

You'll have to post photos after you've taken delivery.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:22 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Winnebago is addressing a different market than American Coach I believe. The Winne factory went into survival mode and quality control has become a major issue. What happened to Mr Botts was unfortunate and to the point of being a comedy of errors all around. His case was the extreme.

Here is what I have learned about Winnebago. In most cases they are very willing to resolve issues. This is a company of humans and is flawed for certain as they all are. Now the dealers on the other hand are the major problem as far as I can tell. Issues that the customer should never see are not addressed. Delivery is all promise and little follow through. But with that said, the Winnebago factory QC is nearly non-existent. Thia is a sad thing because their concepts are very good for the market. Because of all of the extra time and money spent trying to get a new Winne product to the campground it is almost worth going to a more expensive maker. Size and features needed for us poorer folks are not in the up scale coaches.

I bought this coach used. I have had quality control issues with it that I have addressed myself for the most part. Some I am simply living with because they are not that important. I have a "some day" list. But, with that said, we LOVE this coach. The QD is the big sister to it. We almost bought the QD but it is too long for our needs and the basement on this coach is larger and a plus to us.

I would not buy a new Winnebago. Too many out of the factory problems on the average. The dealers, for the most part, compound this problem. A used QD would be a good choice in my opinion with wisdom and a keen eye.

That is my 2 cents on the topic. Happy hunting and many happy trails.

Rick Y
Old 06-05-2014, 04:51 PM   #23

You will love your rev!
akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:54 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:

Congratulations! I missed this post yesterday. Your floorplan is like mine but with many added features. I hope you love your coach as much as we love ours. I look forward to hearing how your shakedown cruse goes. I hope your to-do list is short and quickly resolved.

I suggest that you take a trip to Gaffney, SC. Register for the Freightliner school, enjoy the factory tour and have the coach weighed, height adjusted to your load, have the tag loaded correctly and get the alignment done. All the chassis are set up before they leave the factory but then the coach builder changes things by adding the body. They compensate after the build but then the owner changes things again by moving in. Nothing is perfect in this world. We went to the factory last year for some chassis service and had the weigh, height adjust, alignment done. Very pleased with the results. The folks at the factory are very warm and accommodating.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:36 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Congratulations! You made the right choice. Lots to learn but this is the place. Please post pics of your new coach!!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote