Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2014, 06:32 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Ancira RV for a new Revolution

I had been looking at MHSRV and the Entegra's. This evolved into looking at the American Coach Revolution where I came across Ancira RV. Does anyone have any experience with them? The one thing that immediately comes to my attention is that they are a service center unlike MHSRV. This interest me with respect to the PDI as they would be able to correct things before one had to sign the contract.

Any input with regard to your sales experience at Ancira, PDI and after sales service would be appreciated.

Also curious, how long should I expect a dealer to spend on the PDI for something along the line of the American Revolution.

Thanks

Jim

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2014, 06:40 PM   #2

American Coach Owners Club
Jim i bought my 2011 new from Ancira, the salesman was Tom Yancy i was treated fairly and they got right on the price. I did the VIP Delivery on my coach so i didnt do a PDI with them.
Would use them again

Eric

Green D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:51 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Would not use them again...sent you a PM.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:53 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks ? about your VIP delivery

Spoke to the Amer Coach factory and they have quoted VIP delivery at 4K. They said to allow 3 days. Can you tell me what your experience was like in 2011.

Yancy is the sales person I have been trading emails with at Ancira, seems like a very knowledgeable guy although he is a bit down on the competitors like Thor and Entegra which is understandable as they don't handle them.

Do you still feel factory delivery was worth it when dealing with a full service dealer. My inclination is that it is since you will leave with the best chance of everything being fixed and working, but 4K is still 4K.

Thanks for the response, good to hear you feel Ancira got it right.

Thanks

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green D View Post
Jim i bought my 2011 new from Ancira, the salesman was Tom Yancy i was treated fairly and they got right on the price. I did the VIP Delivery on my coach so i didnt do a PDI with them.
Would use them again

Eric
Old 06-30-2014, 07:40 PM   #5

Jim

I had several dealers fighting over my purchase which helped the bottom line alot.
AFTER the deal was done I got them to toss in the VIP for free, so that was a nice bonus. The VIP was great two techs assigned to me for any questions or problems.
We camped for free in their lot and then went back the next day with any concerns.
We could have stayed nearly as long as we like, i was told one person stayed for months still using the VIP service.
I actually have not used Ancira for much since my purchase.

Eric
Green D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:11 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Jim, they may be a "Full Service Dealer" however not all are alike.

RV Service Reviews

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:09 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Interesting to note

All of the reviews where Gas or 5th Wheels, checked on North Trails our of Florida and no reviews.

tks

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred and Bonnie View Post

RV Service Reviews

Fred
Old 07-01-2014, 03:59 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred and Bonnie View Post

RV Service Reviews

Fred
Too bad the most recent review on them is 2008.

I don't have any personal experience with Ancira, but the BBB report isn't horrible. http://www.bbb.org/fort-worth/busine...o-tx-235970589

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:04 PM   #9

I bought a 2014 Revolution from them and did factory delivery. The deal was fair and overall the purchase process was easy. I have had zero contact with them since. I am a long way away and will likely never see any of them again, so I guess I didn't expect much follow up.

Factory delivery is the way to go IMO.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:19 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
BBB Report

I had looked up the BBB report earlier and something just does not seem right. The dealership has been around for years and I don't care how good you are you sure can't please everyone. One complaint and you can not even read what the complaint was and how it was resolved, I certainly will not put much stock in it.

There have been some positive posts below. But as Paul Harvey has always said, where is the rest of the story.

rg

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Too bad the most recent review on them is 2008.

I don't have any personal experience with Ancira, but the BBB report isn't horrible. Ancira RV Review - RECREATIONAL VEHICLES-DEALERS in Alvarado, TX - BBB Business Review - BBB serving Tarrant, Johnson, Hood, Somervell, Wise, Parker, Erath and Palo Pinto Counties
Old 07-01-2014, 06:26 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Very interesting

I was talking to another dealer closer to my home and mentioned that I was going to use VIP. He has been very vocal about what a waste of money it is when they will do it for free as part of the deal. Of course, they have a 2014 coach on the lot and I am sure they would like to move it to make room for a 2015.

Thanks for your comment...gives me something else to consider during the buying process. One would think that a dealer would embrace VIP, all they need to do is jockey paperwork, no repercussions for the dealer if something breaks 10 miles from their dealership, no holding costs on their part and no hassle with nip picky buyers as I sure I will be

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green D View Post
Jim

I had several dealers fighting over my purchase which helped the bottom line alot.
AFTER the deal was done I got them to toss in the VIP for free, so that was a nice bonus. The VIP was great two techs assigned to me for any questions or problems.
We camped for free in their lot and then went back the next day with any concerns.
We could have stayed nearly as long as we like, i was told one person stayed for months still using the VIP service.
I actually have not used Ancira for much since my purchase.

Eric
Old 07-01-2014, 08:24 PM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Jim, dealers have a lot of $$$ tied up in inventory, and need to keep cash flowing. Remember, it's always about money.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:30 PM   #13

Positive Ancira RV Experience

We just purchased a 2007 Forest River Lexington from salesman Steve Willoughby and he went over and above what we would have expected from a vehicle salesman. We weren't the easiest buyers since this was our very first MH and we'd never set foot in one before the San Antonio RV Show in February or March. Our pre-delivery inspection and walk around was conducted by a person namesed Stoney and we couldn't have been happier. We weren't as thrilled with the closing process and I'm not sure why the F&I person wasn't as friendly. We were, however, introduced to the GM and he was cordial made us feel our measely purchase was just as important.

Good luck.

Lexi2007 is offline   Reply With Quote