Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-12-2016, 02:52 PM   #15
Winnebago Owners Club
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Wholesale Warranties is an excellent company in itself, but the underwriters they sell for are mostly interested in HOW NOT to pay a claim. They did not pay my refrigerator claim for a ammonia leak in a weld because the coils had some surface rust. They would not pay for a leaking suspension air spring even though it clearly states in the policy that they are fully covered. Mine had two leaks in the bag and they said 2 leaks could not occur the same time. One leak was the original leak at the mounting plate flange and the secondary leak occurred because the first leak would not allow the bag to fully inflate and let it rub against a nearby bracket. As long as your claims are small, they will usually pay, but big dollar claims....well they will find some way not to pay. Once they say "no", then they will refuse to talk to you. 'Just my two cents worth from actual experience.
Ditto with what Jerry said. They are like any insurance company. They will do anything possible to avoid paying the claim or will attempt to reduce their exposure. Here is a perfect example..I purchased a one year Good Sam ESP for our new to us coach figuring that after a year I would know the coach better and feel more comfortable with it. I really just wanted protection against a major failure (engine, transmission). Well I had the A/C compressor leaking oil and it needed to be replaced. Good Sam refused to pay for a new compressor, only wanted a rebuild. I payed the extra out of pocket ($250). I understand this as typical behavior and agreed to pay the difference even though I don't think I should have had to. They also refused to pay for the receiver/dryer. It must be replaced when doing a compressor, stated both by my mechanic and also written in the Ford service manual. An $80 part that I had to pay for. They nickel and dimed me on a couple of other things and in the end it cost me a lot more than just my deductible. I understand the game now and will think twice before buying another one from any company.

2010 Winnebago Vista 32K
jpspaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2016, 07:58 AM   #16
The above example of the A/C problem is exactly why you need a policy that says what is NOT covered. If the dryer is listed it is not covered, if not, then it would have been.

A Policy that is written in such a way a adjuster can make a decision on whether to cover a part or replace with a used/rebuilt part is what you want to avoid.

Personally, I have never bought a service contract. I am 74 years old. I figure what I have not spent on premiums allows me to just get it fixed and not have to deal with a adjuster.

I am presently in a campground in Colorado. A guy here has a Fleetwood Pusher. The radiator is leaking, needs a radiator. It has been over a month since he had it checked, waited 3 weeks for a adjuster to come look at it and say, yes it is leaking. Today is 9/13, the campground closes 9/22, morning temps are in the 30's here @ 7700'. As of yesterday, the approval for the radiator to be ordered has not been given.

He is getting concerned since the other campgrounds close end of the month. Me, I would have ordered the radiator a month ago and have it fixed and fight with them later.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie, DRW, 8' box, B&W Companion 2014 Montana 3150RL, with all the stuff.
jlb27537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:46 AM   #17
So I have decided to go ahead and purchase the service contract. I still have 3 years and 50,000 warranty on the power train so I was interested in a coach only contract. After some back and forth this is what we arrived at.

Exclusionary contract for 5 years 70,000
5 years tire and wheel
3 years roadside assistance
Total $2,532

I do have a question about the claim portion. It is a $200 deductible PER CLAIM so does that mean I can stack up some smaller repairs if needed and get them all done at one time for a single deductible? I would call and ask them but today is Sunday.
Baggerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:43 PM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have Cornerstone thru Wholesale warranties and the last time in, they covered repairs to three different items on the same invoice and it only cost me the one time $100 copay. However, when the fridge cooling system went out and I wanted the broken ice machine hose replaced, I had to pay for that. They asked my service guy to figger the parts and the labor to install them and deducted them from the total bill. They did cover the whole coil replacement tho and that included pulling the fridge which would have had to have been done if they had just replaced the hose and that's around four hours.
'01 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
2011 Jeep Liberty
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 12:47 AM   #19
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Fleetwood Discovery 2015

I wont buy one.
The aggravation dealing with another type insurance company.
Lost days waiting on adjuster.
Trying to find a reputable service company.
Driving RV to service. Usually never close by.
Going back after waiting hours, days, weeks.
Cost of fuel traveling to service.
Deductibles after paying thousands on contracts.
I'm sure there is more....

Full Timers.
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E on a Freightliner XCS chassis with a Cummins ISL9 pulling 1 and/or 2 motorcycles, '07 Honda Accord OR a 17' Runabout Boat.
Fiesta48 is offline   Reply With Quote

extended warranty