Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2016, 08:43 PM   #141

American Coach Owners Club
Omg! What a small world! Thank you, yes someone was looking over us that day,we were extremely lucky.
Already started the "search", we have a big trip in August!
Lisablue85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2016, 10:42 PM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
The only thing it has is some of them have two steering dampners that will do nothing for a tire blow out.
If you happen to find that piece of writing please post I'm curious as to why.
I know Steer Safe makes one for that ifs.
I will look for it, But the point is that sometimes the manufacturer knows more then the aftermarket product suppliers!

So buyer beware, I am not saying that you can't or shouldn't.

Hope that makes sense !

Regards,

Ed
RVingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:57 PM   #143

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Lisa,
I just noticed a beautiful 2000 American Dream on RV Trader with something like 28,000 miles.... Looks very nice in the pictures like it has been very well taken care of. I think they are asking $60,000. For it and it is located in Edgewater Florida.
Just thought it might be worth a look....
Take care, Brian.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Sheriffbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:29 AM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriffbubba View Post
Lisa,
I just noticed a beautiful 2000 American Dream on RV Trader with something like 28,000 miles.... Looks very nice in the pictures like it has been very well taken care of. I think they are asking $60,000. For it and it is located in Edgewater Florida.
Just thought it might be worth a look....
Take care, Brian.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
It's on our list Sheriff! We also found a few Eagles I really like! Thanks so much for keeping me in mind, I appreciate it so much.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:26 AM   #145

How about a 2000 Eagle for $47,500
2000 American Eagle By Fleetwood 40ENS for Sale - D775 - PPL Motor Homes
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 07:56 AM   #146

Quote:
Lol! On the list also, milage a little high, beautiful coach though. Keep 'em coming guys!
Old 04-12-2016, 10:59 AM   #147

Winnebago Owners Club
Another front tire blow out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisablue85 View Post
Lol! On the list also, milage a little high, beautiful coach though. Keep 'em coming guys!

Mileage makes no difference on a DP.

But you knew that.
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 12:23 PM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha99 View Post
Mileage makes no difference on a DP.

But you knew that.
Lol, Yes I did.
Old 04-17-2016, 07:10 PM   #149

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Lol, Yes I did.
OK Lisa, you went all quiet on us I hope everything is OK and you are just busy with your search
Old 04-17-2016, 07:41 PM   #150

Consider adding a steering stabilizer if you get a replacement coach.
I added the Safe T Plus, go to their web site and watch the demo video.
They put the stabilizer on a school bus, dump truck, RV, and another vehicle I believe it was a cement truck, at 70 MPH with a charge on the front tire they intentionally blew the tire and these vehicles were all brought to a safe stop. Easy to install I did mine myself in about an hour.
What a tremendous difference in handling on my coach.

Ed
Jamie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 05:26 AM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie65 View Post
Consider adding a steering stabilizer if you get a replacement coach.
I added the Safe T Plus, go to their web site and watch the demo video.
They put the stabilizer on a school bus, dump truck, RV, and another vehicle I believe it was a cement truck, at 70 MPH with a charge on the front tire they intentionally blew the tire and these vehicles were all brought to a safe stop. Easy to install I did mine myself in about an hour.
What a tremendous difference in handling on my coach.

Ed
If you read the thread(post#41)they had a Safe T Plus sitting at home. They were going to install when they got back from their trip.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 07:23 AM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Osborne View Post
OK Lisa, you went all quiet on us I hope everything is OK and you are just busy with your search
I wish Dan... If "people" just did the right & fair thing to begin, ugh... Guess that's asking too much. The adjuster is/was totally clueless about motorhomes & his appraisal was sickening... I need this like I need a hole in my head! We are not asking for more than the coach is worth, just a fair price. This was so devastating to us & being jerked around like this, I don't even have words to describe... Well I do have a few choice words but I'd probably get in trouble for posting them! If we have to, we'll be getting our own appraisal with comps that actually match our coach. You wouldn't believe what this guy did & didn't do...
Old 04-18-2016, 07:27 AM   #153

Quote:
If you read the thread(post#41)they had a Safe T Plus sitting at home. They were going to install when they got back from their trip.
Thanks Mike! Like he said, we were going to install when we got back. We ran out of time & the tires were fairly new, thought we'd be okay. Didn't figure on the tires picking something up on the highway.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:20 PM   #154

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I wish Dan... If "people" just did the right & fair thing to begin, ugh... Guess that's asking too much. The adjuster is/was totally clueless about motorhomes & his appraisal was sickening... I need this like I need a hole in my head! We are not asking for more than the coach is worth, just a fair price. This was so devastating to us & being jerked around like this, I don't even have words to describe... Well I do have a few choice words but I'd probably get in trouble for posting them! If we have to, we'll be getting our own appraisal with comps that actually match our coach. You wouldn't believe what this guy did & didn't do...
Sadly...It's all a game with those guys. You are on the right path with an independent appraisal. In Virginia, I had to go to the head of insurance at the state corporation commission to get State Farm's immediate attention. I did not get everything that I wanted but short of hiring an attorney, it worked out. I hope everything works out.
An American Dream is not just a motorhome