Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-11-2016, 08:43 PM   #141
Senior Member
 
Lisablue85's Avatar
 
American Coach Owners Club
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 506
Omg! What a small world! Thank you, yes someone was looking over us that day,we were extremely lucky.
Already started the "search", we have a big trip in August!
__________________

__________________
Lisablue85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2016, 10:42 PM   #142
Senior Member
 
RVingDutchman's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: B.C.
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
The only thing it has is some of them have two steering dampners that will do nothing for a tire blow out.
If you happen to find that piece of writing please post I'm curious as to why.
I know Steer Safe makes one for that ifs.
I will look for it, But the point is that sometimes the manufacturer knows more then the aftermarket product suppliers!

So buyer beware, I am not saying that you can't or shouldn't.

Hope that makes sense !

Regards,

Ed
__________________

__________________
2000 American Eagle. DS.DP. 40' 350HP ISC. 4 Koni's, 1200W. Solar, EMS, Compost Toilet, LED Lighting, TPMS, Scangauge, + 5'x11' ToyTrailer = Garage =Toolshed = Boathouse = Spare bedroom = Looking for a bigger one!
RVingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:57 PM   #143
Senior Member
 
Sheriffbubba's Avatar
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Marysville Washington
Posts: 314
Lisa,
I just noticed a beautiful 2000 American Dream on RV Trader with something like 28,000 miles.... Looks very nice in the pictures like it has been very well taken care of. I think they are asking $60,000. For it and it is located in Edgewater Florida.
Just thought it might be worth a look....
Take care, Brian.


Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
__________________
Sheriffbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:29 AM   #144
Senior Member
 
Lisablue85's Avatar
 
American Coach Owners Club
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriffbubba View Post
Lisa,
I just noticed a beautiful 2000 American Dream on RV Trader with something like 28,000 miles.... Looks very nice in the pictures like it has been very well taken care of. I think they are asking $60,000. For it and it is located in Edgewater Florida.
Just thought it might be worth a look....
Take care, Brian.


Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
It's on our list Sheriff! We also found a few Eagles I really like! Thanks so much for keeping me in mind, I appreciate it so much.
__________________
Lisablue85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 06:26 AM   #145
Senior Member
 
mike brez's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Milford,CT.
Posts: 1,213
How about a 2000 Eagle for $47,500
2000 American Eagle By Fleetwood 40ENS for Sale - D775 - PPL Motor Homes
__________________
1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 07:56 AM   #146
Senior Member
 
Lisablue85's Avatar
 
American Coach Owners Club
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
Lol! On the list also, milage a little high, beautiful coach though. Keep 'em coming guys!
__________________
Lisablue85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:59 AM   #147
Senior Member
 
alpha99's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 934
Another front tire blow out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisablue85 View Post
Lol! On the list also, milage a little high, beautiful coach though. Keep 'em coming guys!

Mileage makes no difference on a DP.


But you knew that.
__________________
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 12:23 PM   #148
Senior Member
 
Lisablue85's Avatar
 
American Coach Owners Club
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha99 View Post
Mileage makes no difference on a DP.


But you knew that.
Lol, Yes I did.
__________________
Lisablue85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 07:10 PM   #149
Senior Member
 
Dan Osborne's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Glen Allen, Virginia
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisablue85 View Post
Lol, Yes I did.
OK Lisa, you went all quiet on us I hope everything is OK and you are just busy with your search
__________________
92 Crown Signature, 330 Cummins
Future iRV2 Moderator...vote for Dan Osborne
Dan Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 07:41 PM   #150
Senior Member
 
Jamie65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 226
Consider adding a steering stabilizer if you get a replacement coach.
I added the Safe T Plus, go to their web site and watch the demo video.
They put the stabilizer on a school bus, dump truck, RV, and another vehicle I believe it was a cement truck, at 70 MPH with a charge on the front tire they intentionally blew the tire and these vehicles were all brought to a safe stop. Easy to install I did mine myself in about an hour.
What a tremendous difference in handling on my coach.

Ed
__________________
Ed & Kathleen
2003 Tiffin Allegro 40'
Jeep Liberty Tow
Jamie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 05:26 AM   #151
Senior Member
 
mike brez's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Milford,CT.
Posts: 1,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie65 View Post
Consider adding a steering stabilizer if you get a replacement coach.
I added the Safe T Plus, go to their web site and watch the demo video.
They put the stabilizer on a school bus, dump truck, RV, and another vehicle I believe it was a cement truck, at 70 MPH with a charge on the front tire they intentionally blew the tire and these vehicles were all brought to a safe stop. Easy to install I did mine myself in about an hour.
What a tremendous difference in handling on my coach.

Ed
If you read the thread(post#41)they had a Safe T Plus sitting at home. They were going to install when they got back from their trip.
__________________
1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 07:23 AM   #152
Senior Member
 
Lisablue85's Avatar
 
American Coach Owners Club
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Osborne View Post
OK Lisa, you went all quiet on us I hope everything is OK and you are just busy with your search
I wish Dan... If "people" just did the right & fair thing to begin, ugh... Guess that's asking too much. The adjuster is/was totally clueless about motorhomes & his appraisal was sickening... I need this like I need a hole in my head! We are not asking for more than the coach is worth, just a fair price. This was so devastating to us & being jerked around like this, I don't even have words to describe... Well I do have a few choice words but I'd probably get in trouble for posting them! If we have to, we'll be getting our own appraisal with comps that actually match our coach. You wouldn't believe what this guy did & didn't do...
__________________
Lisablue85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 07:27 AM   #153
Senior Member
 
Lisablue85's Avatar
 
American Coach Owners Club
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
If you read the thread(post#41)they had a Safe T Plus sitting at home. They were going to install when they got back from their trip.
Thanks Mike! Like he said, we were going to install when we got back. We ran out of time & the tires were fairly new, thought we'd be okay. Didn't figure on the tires picking something up on the highway.
__________________
Lisablue85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 08:20 PM   #154
Senior Member
 
Dan Osborne's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Glen Allen, Virginia
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisablue85 View Post
I wish Dan... If "people" just did the right & fair thing to begin, ugh... Guess that's asking too much. The adjuster is/was totally clueless about motorhomes & his appraisal was sickening... I need this like I need a hole in my head! We are not asking for more than the coach is worth, just a fair price. This was so devastating to us & being jerked around like this, I don't even have words to describe... Well I do have a few choice words but I'd probably get in trouble for posting them! If we have to, we'll be getting our own appraisal with comps that actually match our coach. You wouldn't believe what this guy did & didn't do...
Sadly...It's all a game with those guys. You are on the right path with an independent appraisal. In Virginia, I had to go to the head of insurance at the state corporation commission to get State Farm's immediate attention. I did not get everything that I wanted but short of hiring an attorney, it worked out. I hope everything works out.
An American Dream is not just a motorhome
__________________

__________________
92 Crown Signature, 330 Cummins
Future iRV2 Moderator...vote for Dan Osborne
Dan Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Front Blow Out with Comfort Drive wnytaxman Newmar Owner's Forum 16 07-03-2014 09:12 AM
Performance of IFS during front blow out Jaderus Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum 14 04-28-2014 09:17 PM
Another engine pre-heat blow-out DonnaB Newmar Owner's Forum 9 03-10-2011 07:07 AM
Front tire blow out = exciting ride NorCal C&H Alpine Coach Owner's Forum 23 03-15-2010 10:19 PM
A quick "Tire Blow Out" quiz AKBrick Monaco Owner's Forum 30 12-21-2008 03:29 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.