Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2016, 03:21 PM   #113

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryly Blithe View Post
I'd like to buy you and your husband a drink... and the 25 guys who built and installed that guardrail.

My sincerest wishes for smoother sailing from here on out.

Heal fast. Heal well.
Lol! Yeah it was unbelievable, flattened that guard rail like it was nothing! Thanks, can only get better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by August West View Post
WOW!
You had an Angel with y'all that day for sure.
Glad you made it out safe.

Best wishes on your future travels!
Yes we did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
WOW !?!?!?

Truly is a miracle no one was hurt
That's what everyone on the scene was saying!
Lisablue85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2016, 03:25 PM   #114

All the info on the tires are with the coach. They were new, less than a year old. From what my husband said and knowing Florida's highways, we definitely picked up something on the road. He heard a "thump-thump" & then everything exploded. We'll never know the info on the tires.
Old 04-06-2016, 03:28 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
X2 on the guardrail. If one was not there I wouldn't think the outcome would be so good.
We actually broke through the guard rail and started going down the embankment, husband somehow got us back up on the road & perfectly parked on the shoulder.
Old 04-06-2016, 04:01 PM   #116
cwk

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisablue85 View Post
We actually started going down the embankment, husband brought it back up on the road & perfectly placed an inch from the remaining guard rail.
Please let me correct my earlier post about keeping it on the pavement:
Excellent driving skills to bring it back up and place it so perfectly on the pavement.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 05:04 PM   #117

Quote:
They didn't have a Safe T Plus installed on the coach.
Yes, I was aware of that. The commercial I had in mind was Lisa standing in front of the pictures of her destroyed coach saying "I wished we would have had our Safety T plus installed. We were lucky to have survived and without the skilled driver at the wheel of our rig with commercial big rig driving experience, who knows what would have happened. Safety T Plus....Don't leave home without it! "
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 05:07 PM   #118

Lol!
Old 04-06-2016, 06:01 PM   #119

Thor Owners Club
Sorry to hear this. Glad to hear you and your family are alright.
Gus from NJ
GJHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:09 PM   #120

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
X2 on the guardrail. If one was not there I wouldn't think the outcome would be so good.
There are standards for the placement of guardrail. We had to follow them when designing new highways or modifying old ones.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:29 PM   #121

Spartan Chassis
Have just read through your saga. As someone who is just getting ready to leave on our first big trip in one month it is a sobering read! I guess, at bottom, we can only prepare and follow-up as best we can for potential troubles and leave the rest in God's hands. I think you two were deep in His pocket that day... your husband with skill... both of you prepared as you could be... and the Lord ultimately in control. So thankful for your outcome! You're alive, relatively untouched and already looking for the next dream!
dbdreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:07 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdreamers View Post
Have just read through your saga. As someone who is just getting ready to leave on our first big trip in one month it is a sobering read! I guess, at bottom, we can only prepare and follow-up as best we can for potential troubles and leave the rest in God's hands. I think you two were deep in His pocket that day... your husband with skill... both of you prepared as you could be... and the Lord ultimately in control. So thankful for your outcome! You're alive, relatively untouched and already looking for the next dream!
Thanks DBDreamers! We are so very thankful for the outcome and know how bad it could've been! Safe travels on your upcoming trip!
Old 04-09-2016, 05:11 PM   #123

Quote:
What sensor was the culprit if I may ask.

And what is your Engine, 300, 325, 350?

Thanks,

Ed
2000 American Eagle. DS.DP. 40' 350HP ISC. 4 Koni's, 750W. Solar, EMS, Compost Toilet, LED Lighting, TPMS, Scangauge, + 5'x11' ToyTrailer = Garage =Toolshed = Boathouse = Spare bedroom = Looking for a bigger one!
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVingDutchman View Post
What sensor was the culprit if I may ask.

And what is your Engine, 300, 325, 350?

Thanks,

Ed
Sorry! Was "off the grid" in the Florida Everglades - zero cell service! Manifold sensor, the other 2 things we were told to check out were the "waste gate (?)" & the hose to the waste gate. Have no clue what any of of those are, lol! We have a 99 Dream with a 350 hp engine.
Quote:

In this Thread;
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/ugh-...ml#post2999244

I just figured out this was your last communication on iRV2 Before the Fateful day!

I am soooo glad Lisa that you and you're husband are safe and sound and we hope that you've both already recovered from the bumps and bruises!

My greatest regards to your Husband for doing such a fantastic job driving, I've done enough HD Rig driving that I have a great deal of respect for it and know what he did was pretty special!!!

I guess now you get to go shopping for a new MoHo (Dream ) maybe a bit of a bright side, although I know you were quite happy with the one you had.....

Life'sure full of surprises !!!

Best regards,

Ed & Debbie
RVingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 12:20 AM   #124

Yes, it WAS my last post before the accident which happened at 5:30ish. I'm feeling a little better each day, mentally and physically.

I tell Dave (my husband) everyday how thankful I am that it was him behind the wheel and what am amazing job he did keeping us all safe. Thank you for the kind words!

We HAVE been looking for a new coach already and Yes, it will be another American. It was unbelievable how our coach stayed together & is a testament to the quality of the build. Don't think I'd feel as safe in anything else. Although excited to start a new search, I'm dreading the actual process. Quick round-trip weekend flights around the country for Dave is not fun... we have 4 dogs, so I stay home with them. We have a few checked off on our list & hope they're still available when insurance comes through, hopefully in a few weeks. I'm praying we find it by August... We have my most favorite trip then & this year my brothers & mom will be going down also! We are scattered around the country & it'll be the first time we'll all be together for a "fun" thing & not a funeral... Ahhh, the joys of being middle age!
You're not kidding about the surprises!!! Lol!

Again... Thanks Ed, for the kind words... Actually thank all you!!!
All the Best! Lisa
Old 04-10-2016, 05:21 AM   #125

Only thing I can say is wow I was lucky that there was a wide flat shoulder and no guard rail with my blow out.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:33 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
Only thing I can say is wow I was lucky that there was a wide flat shoulder and no guard rail with my blow out.
Again... Some days you're the dog & some days you're the fire hydrant, lol! Any front tire blow out that you walk away from, consider yourself lucky, even luckier when there's not much damage also! Wouldn't wish this mess on anyone. Looking forward to being in a new coach soon.