Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2012, 09:46 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Another Inverter Question

I have a 2003 Holiday Rambler with Freedom Inverter 458 Series. While on the
road and running the gen set We were running the Overhead Air conditioner
The over temp light came on on the remote panel. My repair shop said turn off the inverter, however we could not figure out how to do it. Apparently
when we had it worked on they turned it off, and now I can't get the remote panel to come back on. Anybody have any ideas.
Caldwell
caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2012, 09:55 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Check at the inverter and see if they plugged the remote wire back in. Looks like a telephone cable.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:26 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triker56
Yes the remote wire in plugged in.
Caldwell Thanks
Old 09-24-2012, 01:31 AM   #4

Is there an on-off switch on the front panel of the inverter itself?
Old 09-24-2012, 06:33 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
If your Xantrex remote Controller panel has 4 button pads across the bottom that says,

Setup
Charge
Invert
Power Share

If you push the "Charge" button, and the light just above the charge light goes off, it is not charging.

If you push the "Invert" button, and the light just above the invert button goes off, it is not inverting.

If you are not charging or inverting it is off.

The rest of the lights are just monitoring your batteries charge status.
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:28 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I don't want to steal the thread, but perhaps someone could answer a similar question for me. I have a Magnum 2000 inverter. My remote Magnum moniter is showing " ng " does that stand for No Ground or New generation ? Also I cannot see the state of battery discharge anymore. Thanks
Old 09-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
MGScott4
I have no lights at all. Pushing invert does not turn it on. Panel seems to be
turned off.
Caldwell
Old 09-24-2012, 09:39 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by caldwell View Post
MGScott4
Quote:
turned off.
Caldwell

It's not uncommon for the remote panel to need a reset. The only way to do it is to unplug the phone like cable for about 30 sec and plug it back in. If this is needed than the lights should start working again. It's not an indication of a failure but during transition the Microprocessor sometimes loses its way.

Dick

Old 09-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #9

The 458 owner's manual can be found here.
Since you had it worked on, IIWMI'd immediately contact the service outfit & go over exactly what work was done that could have lead to the black out. Without that you are swinging in the dark.
One possibility till eliminated is the chassis batteries are dead, or the connections are corroded or loose enough to preclude sufficient voltage/amps to run the system.
Another possibility is the inline 200 or 300 amp fuse on the positive cable may be blown, or loose.

Since the "Overtemp" light came on, I'm suspecting all connections are made, but that doesn't mean they are all made fully & cleanly. I'm also guessing you have the "Freedom Remote Control Panel," p.10 of the manual, rather than the optional advanced panels; the FRCP has stacks of LED's for Power Share, Amps Charging, DC Volts & Setup.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
MGScott4
turned off.
Caldwell
Don't know if this will help but, as I recall, there is a off/on switch on the inverter/charger that should be in the off position with the remote controller.

Richard

Tags
inverter