Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2015, 04:17 PM   #15

Jayco uses Coach-net for their owner help. Coach-Net web site says RV tech assistance 24/7. 877-797-7161. These are the guys you want to talk to. Most dealers would like to forget you once you are out of the driveway.
I'm sorry for what you are experiencing, many of us on here have went through something like it with one sub-system or the other on their coach. We were all new owners once, although some seem to forget it. I had to use tech assistance for my hydraulics four or five times, and didn't get everything "almost fixed" until we did a factory visit to Moscow, Iowa.
Starsekr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2015, 06:06 PM   #16

First of all like one reader said you have a 12v system and a 120v system. The fan and TV booster are 12v. You will most likely have a 120v/12v fuse panel. The 120v are circuit breakers like your home. The 12v are pull fuses like your car, automotive type.

So find this control box, it is about 15 X 10 inches with vents. If you are plugged into shore power this will power any device plugged into the 120v circuits and the converter or inverter. If your converter is working it provides 12v power to charge your batteries and 12v for the house circuits. Click each 120v circuit off then on to reset. Look at each 12v fuse for signs of being blown or remove them one by one and examine. As mentioned check your GFCI's.

There is also a relay to turn off you coach 12v power, find this and turn on and off to reset. You have a BCC battery control center under the hood. Open the little door and find the reset button.

You need to know these things. It's pretty simple, not rocket science. The dealer should have gone over these things with you.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:43 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Just a thought but if you post your location there may be a member on here that is close by. Most of us are happy to assist if we can. We were all Newbies once upon a time and can relate to the frustrations.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 12:36 AM   #18

Could be a "button breaker" tripping. Looks like a white round button with a number on it. If it is protruding out farther than its neighbors, it is tripped. Try resetting it by pressing it. If it pops back out, you have a problem with that circuit. You can have more than one location for them.
LINADR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 12:43 AM   #19

Also want to add, if you want to post location, city state is enough, someone close may be able to help.
LINADR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 02:43 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsekr View Post
Jayco uses Coach-net for their owner help. Coach-Net web site says RV tech assistance 24/7. 877-797-7161. These are the guys you want to talk to. Most dealers would like to forget you once you are out of the driveway.
I'm sorry for what you are experiencing, many of us on here have went through something like it with one sub-system or the other on their coach. We were all new owners once, although some seem to forget it. I had to use tech assistance for my hydraulics four or five times, and didn't get everything "almost fixed" until we did a factory visit to Moscow, Iowa.
Oh my! This may be our answer! Thank you so much!
AgentTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 02:55 AM   #21

Thank you all for your offers of help. Right now we are holed up in the rain at Hungry Mother Park in Marion VA. I am using my iPhone to type this because my laptop security system shuts down every website I try to access through the park wifi. We are watching movies on my iPad using iffy wifi since we can't get power to the antenna. On the bright side, we still have several bottles of wine left and after we trashed our tow car, the insurance company has provided a rental for us. It's going to rain all day today but tomorrow will be sunny and we will be able to see this park.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:16 AM   #22

It just occurred to me that we should ask the camp host for advice! I will try the help desk first and then see if the camp host can help. Things always look better in the morning. :-)
Old 10-10-2015, 07:17 AM   #23

Well, the recording at the other end of that "24/7" Coach-net phone number said that they are available Monday through Friday from 8-5. It's okay. We are making the best of it. If the camp host can't help, it's only another 48 hours. Meanwhile, we are going to explore the surrounding area by car to pass the time on this rainy day.
Old 10-10-2015, 02:49 PM   #24

We were able to buy one pack of fuses that included one 15 w fuse and located a bad one that turned on everything except the antenna so either there is another one bad or something else is wrong with it. :-/
Old 10-10-2015, 02:58 PM   #25

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Don't feel bad!! I've been RV'ing since 1957 and have had lots of "experience". I just spent HOURS looking for a bad fuse. I couldn't even FIND the correct box or it's location. Finally after another 2 or 3 hour session I found a drawing with the fuse box location. The light that was out was over the passenger seat, the fuse was located in the closet, some 40' away!! But now I know there's a fuse box there and won't be forgetting it!!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 03:20 PM   #26

--sigh--I thought this would be fun!
Old 10-10-2015, 04:01 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
It's only fun when you look back. Especially a few years from now when you think how smart you are now and how confused the newbies are.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 04:29 PM   #28

FWIW I do not know your unit so this may not fit your need. The two ways I have seen to power up the antenna are either a small button on the same plastic cover that has the connection for the cable to the TV or a Box Of Many Buttons that will include a power button and buttons to do things like connect the Antenna or Cable or DVD to one of several televisions. With a BOMB one needs the power on and the button that selects the Antenna for the TV in question. That power is the light on the box and the antenna power. If you have them set correctly then you need to go into the TV setup and make sure it expects an over the air signal then do a channel scan.

You have 8 television stations within 60 miles of you. All are UHF so may be blocked by hills around you. If you go here:

AntennaPoint.com - Antenna Locator

Put in your zip (24354) and it will give you a map of where to point your antenna.

Hope That Helps

Adds BOMB and HTH to your vocabulary. ;-))
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, interior, light, lights, power