Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2015, 01:20 PM   #1

Antenna and interior lights lost power

We are weary of being newbies. Every day is a new problem to solve. Some of them have been MAJOR! Today the antenna, some of the lights and the kitchen vent apparently lost power. We checked the fuse box and none of the breakers have flipped off. We will be at this site for a week and it does not have cable so we need to get air TV which we cannot get without the antenna. We can make do without the dinette lights, map light and vent but it is raining and we NEED THE TV!

Does anyone have any idea what could have caused this and better yet, what to do to fix it? We have three weeks left of this hellish trip.
AgentTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2015, 01:25 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
First thing is the breakers are for AC power your lighting and the TV antenna booster run on 12 Volts. You will have at least one or more panels with spade lug type fuses located some where in your coach. Most probably one of these fuses is blown.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 01:45 PM   #3

Thank you....how can I determine if a fuse is blown. Sorry, I am not very handy.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:03 PM   #4

If you have a VOM (Volt-Ohm) meter you can read across the fuse, otherwise you have to pull them and look to see if the wire is burned open. The fuse panel is usually labeled to give you an idea of which fuse is bad.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:12 PM   #5

Are you camping without electric hookups? From your other post, I assume that you have that have run your battery totally dead
Old 10-09-2015, 02:20 PM   #6

You may have also turned your power switch off by the door.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:20 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Check your AC outlets for a GFI protected outlet and reset it.
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 02:36 PM   #8

You need to get a wiring diagram for your RV. I looked at the on-line Jayco manual for your 31 and the Jayco web site. Nada. Are you under warrentee? Do you have the roadside assistance still in force? Call Jayco and get them to PDF you the wiring diagrams. You will really want them sooner or later. (Sooner in your case now I guess). The manual implies there is one 12 volt fuse box. (Fuses, no mention of breakers, could you have been looking at AC breakers? Not implying anything, just asking.) Are all other 12 volt powered items working? Battery voltage OK? Just for grins, look at your GFI. Make sure it is not tripped.
Starsekr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 02:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-nickie View Post
You may have also turned your power switch off by the door.
We have power everywhere else.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-nickie View Post
Are you camping without electric hookups? From your other post, I assume that you have that have run your battery totally dead
That was at the last place. We used jumper cables to restart the batteries. We are now on shore power and have plenty of juice. All other lights and appliances are working fine. It is probably a fuse I guess.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:44 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by waroland View Post
If you have a VOM (Volt-Ohm) meter you can read across the fuse, otherwise you have to pull them and look to see if the wire is burned open. The fuse panel is usually labeled to give you an idea of which fuse is bad.
We are going to try doing this now. I hope we know what to look for! LOL! We are like babes in the woods!
Old 10-09-2015, 02:44 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha99 View Post
Check your AC outlets for a GFI protected outlet and reset it.
Thanks but it didn't work. Checking fuses now…
Old 10-09-2015, 03:04 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsekr View Post
You need to get a wiring diagram for your RV. I looked at the on-line Jayco manual for your 31 and the Jayco web site. Nada. Are you under warrentee? Do you have the roadside assistance still in force? Call Jayco and get them to PDF you the wiring diagrams. You will really want them sooner or later. (Sooner in your case now I guess). The manual implies there is one 12 volt fuse box. (Fuses, no mention of breakers, could you have been looking at AC breakers? Not implying anything, just asking.) Are all other 12 volt powered items working? Battery voltage OK? Just for grins, look at your GFI. Make sure it is not tripped.
Yes we are under warranty--it is a 2016 and we have had it for less than three weeks. Comes with a 2 year warranty and roadside assistance but I don't understand the roadside assistance because when we called about the dead coach batteries they told us that as long as it was driveable we had to take it to the service center which was about three hours away. Ford also provides roadside assistance for the chassis. So what is the point of roadside assistance from Jayco if they don't actually come to you?

Anyway, rant over, I'm not sure how much good a wiring diagram would help me but perhaps George knows a little about it.

We have tried to call our dealership but the lady who answers the phone is testy with us and I'm not sure she is actually passing on our messages to the service dept even though we are being quite polite and patient.

We are not having fun yet. 😢
Old 10-09-2015, 03:59 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Call Jayco, 574-825-5861, and have your vin # handy. Maybe they can walk you thru this.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, interior, light, lights, power