Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2016, 07:49 PM   #1

Antenna Booster circuit

Does anyone know where to find the antenna booster on a 2007 Fleetwood Southwind 37c? Cable connection is fuzzy at every campground and I was told to turn the booster off, however I have no idea where it is...
jojolynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2016, 09:51 PM   #2

Mine is on the coax, between the antenna and the tv. Follow the coax from either end.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:41 AM   #3

The actual booster may be in the antenna fed by the coax.

You may have a selector box someplace or bad part in the box.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:44 AM   #4
Community Administrator

My 08 Bounder had a white switch plate in the cabinet above on the passenger side . It had a small black button and a green light.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1471355046.974109.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	136107

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 12:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojolynn View Post
Does anyone know where to find the antenna booster on a 2007 Fleetwood Southwind 37c? Cable connection is fuzzy at every campground and I was told to turn the booster off, however I have no idea where it is...
There are a couple of places that booster switch/light can be. One is on a multi-switch box that controls the direction of all your signals and, to which TV all those signals go. It will have a light on it when it's on. Another place is a separate wall mounted switch plate, similar to a residence switch plate for turning on a light in a room. It can be mounted where it's really visible or, it can be mounted where you have to stick your head almost in the TV/Video compartment to see it. It too "should" have a light on it when that signal is being boosted.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 01:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojolynn View Post
jojolynn
For some boosters, (aka: antenna amplifiers), the ON/OFF switch is located on a BOMB, (Box Of Many Buttons), to which the coax cables from the TV antenna, the cable input coax, the TV set(s), etc. are connected.

8 BUTTON BOMB (BOX OF MANY BUTTONS)

14 Button BOMB (BOX OF MANY BUTTONS

Some have their own ON/OFF switch on a 2-3/4" X 3-1/2" wall/ceiling plate like this...(with or without the "antenna connector" and/or the "12VDC outlet"):

WINEGARD WALL/CELING PLATE

Mel
'96 Safrai
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna