Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2012, 09:55 AM   #1

Any 29" wide LED 32" TV's

Has any one found a 29" wide LED (32") flat TV. I only have 29 1/4" between cabinet doors. Thanks for any replies.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #2

It may be difficult to find a 32" under 30" wide. I am in the same boat as you. Most LCD and LED tvs have about a 2" less width than diagonal. I plan on using a telescoping mount so I can pull the tv out to open the cabinet doors. Good luck and let us know if you find something. Check the "specifications" online, that will give you the width.

nalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:11 PM   #3

Commercial Member

The narrowest 32" LCD or LED TV's I've seen so far are slightly wider than 30" (30.1" is the narrowest one I've seen so far). Samsung and Sony have some narrow flat screen TV's.

Here's a tip if you need just a liiiittttttle more width: Try seeing if you can remove your upper cabinet doors, and remount them slightly outward. Many times you can do this w/o having to do any more than drill some new hinge holes, and gain 1/2" or more.
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I have to agree with the consensus and it might be near impossible to find that. Any chance of shaving the edge of the cabinet to shoehorn something in (although gainning a full 1" might be very difficult). Alternatively, maybe you can find a 30 or 31" diag screen (most 32" appear to actually be 31.5" diag).

Your opening might just be too tight though for 32" diag as the width of the screen itself is just under 28". Obviously the picture doesn't go edge-to-edge so there's a certain minimum width that is required.

For what it's worth the 720p Samsung LED is 29.8 (the 1080p Samsung LED is 30.1).
Old 02-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #5
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I don't believe it is impossible. I put a 36" in a 35" space.

What to look for browsing stores:(sometimes on-line dimensions can be obtained.)

Take a tape measure with you. Don't be surprised when a salesperson comes over and tell you that you are measuring wrong.

Look for TV's that have a narrow side border. These typically will be symmetrical all around the television, and if you find a narrow border the speakers will most likely be underneath or behind the side of the TV. Consider where the speakers are and how you will be listening to the TV. Either put in a mount that can be pulled out, or use a surround sound system. Measure the width (and height if necessary) of the TV from edge to edge, then of course diagonally for "their measured means."

take a look at the Coby TFTV3229 31.5" 720P TFT LCD HDTV. I cannot find any dimension specs on it, but it just may fit the bill. Best Buy carries them. I have no idea of the quality.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I don't believe it is impossible. I put a 36" in a 35" space.

There's a pretty significant difference between putting a 36" in a 35" space and putting a 32" in a 29" space (especially since the bezel usually doesn't really get bigger on a larger screen (e.g. a 65" Vizio is 60.9" wide, 47" Vizio is 45.7 wide, 32" Vizio is 31.1 wide, 22" Vizio is 21.1" wide)). A rough estimate is that you need almost the same width available as the diag.

As far as that Coby you mentioned, very little specs are available (their own website doesn't list the width) but according to this site TFTV3229 | Coby 32" Class 720p LCD HDTV (31.5" diagonal size) | hhgregg it's 31" wide (much too wide for the OP).
Old 02-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
With a 32 inch diagonal and 29 inch width, the height of the screen would be 13 1/2 inches. I don't think that would allow a 16:9 aspect ratio so I don't believe anyone makes what you want.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
Look at the newest Samsungs... they have the smallest trim of all. Unfortunately they are expensive but a really good TV.
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The 28' Hanspree from Costco fits in the hole of the Hoizon and when on an ext. mount woks great.Costco Hanspree spec.pdf
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
i was i wallyworld today and saw a samsung 32" led model # un32d4003 specs say 29.8" wide jim
Old 02-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sony and Samsung both make 32 inch class TVs that are less than 30wide.. but thats still more than 29 even. Samsung now makes a series called One Design with almost no bezel and very thin. I would be concerned about putting that in the motorhome without a wide enough bezel to brace against the inside of the cabinet. Unless you are going to do as others have suggested and mount it on a movable mount with the TV outside the cabinet.
ncbounder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #12

Working from the diagonal dimension of 32", the horizontal dimension of the screen, edge to edge of the actual display area, would be 28" (Pythagoras' equation). Maybe there is one out there with a narrow-enough bezel to meet your needs.

A swing-out wall mount that's slightly bigger than your 29" space might work, but you couldn't save the doors.
frankdamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:04 AM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have 31" between cabinet doors. I just purchased this Magnavox from Sams club. 32" Magnavox LCD 720p HDTV - Sam's Club. It is 30" wide. This is the narrowest I could find.
RottenRalph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:17 PM   #14
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My statement still stands that it is not impossible. Especially as described by Frank's correct mathematical standards.

Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote