Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut View Post
One of the best for the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
Macnut, I had four of those gauges. They all either broke or the steel braided hose separated from the fitting and that is why I went to the one above. Good luck.
Mike,

Sorry you had so many problems with yours however I have been using mine for a few years now and have not experienced the same problems. I have had other tire gauges that have given me all sorts of troubles but the Accutire has held up the best so far. I will keep a close eye on my Accutire Digital Tire Gauge to make sure that it doesn't start separating like you had experienced.

Also, I would have some difficulty in spending $132+ dollars for a digital tire gauge or justifying it to my DW.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2013, 03:20 PM   #16

Told you that Longacre gauge is the Rolls Royce. I bet I have spent more than $132 in gauges that are inaccurate or break after a short time. That Longacre gauge is calibrated to within .5 psi and they will check the calibration anytime you want. It I a one time purchase that will go forever. On the drag slicks we run them at 6 psi and change pressures by .1 psi and the gauge has to be accurate. We use a different model but from the same company. It is so accurate that I use it to check other people's gauges. When you pay $4600+ for eight tires then $132 for a gauge to check them accurately is cheap.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #17

x2.
DonDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:22 PM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Regarding accuracy.
I have two gauges. Both are dual foot. One is a mechanical push out rod type that I bought at a truck accessory store. The other is a digital made by Accutek as I recall that I got at Camping World. Both are at least 8 years old.

I had them checked by the Michelin guys at the Winnebago Grand National Rally and oddly enough the mechanical one was dead nuts on ( as close as you can read it) and the digital was about 1.5 psi high.

Not what I would have expected.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:51 PM   #19

I would not use a Chinese auto parts store gauge. In my youth I worked in HD truck chassis shops. We used Milton or Schrader. All made in USA. In the one shop we had a master gauge and the guys had to check theirs every month. In the other shop we sent them away for calibration. The one Mike posted looks great. Do they have a combo straight and angle head? Yoiu can never have too many tools!
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #20

X2 on Milton, I have 2 as one is permanently attached to my compressor hose.

Use the gauge only to check pressures.

Excellent quality and made in the USA.

DaveS
1998 American Eagle 40EVS
FormerBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:04 PM   #21

Moisheh when you order you can specify any chuck you want. Missy at Longacre is the person who puts the chucks together. I have a combination straight and angle chuck for dually setups
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have a Milton inflator that runs 4 pounds low on car tires compared to a quality round gauge which agrees with a pencil gauge, a cheap digital gauge and my car's TPMS within a pound. Just because they look accurate doesn't mean they are.
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:01 PM   #23

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hey everybody go look at MH mag Aug 2010 good art. abt lots of guages if anybody would like to see complete art. let me know & will send by e mail
Santara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:51 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Here is my favorite, double as gauge and inflator.
Snap-on Parts Catalog
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
FWIW I use Accu-gage. Here is a comment about there accuracy and construction. I have found them to be consistent and durable.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:29 AM   #26
Community Moderator

autozone has couple decent ones - one is digital another is a analog in a dial shape with a long arm for $12 or so. if you are using or buying a TPMS (like TireMinder), you really don't need a pressure gauge as TPMS will show the actual pressure.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:33 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
After looking at all the ads for tire gauges very few guarantee accuracy to + or - .5 lbs or can they be calibrated.... I am going to order one from Longacre Racing and be done with it. Then I know it will be correct.....

Dave
Old 03-29-2013, 08:17 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
This is the absolute Rolls Royce of digital truck gauges. It cost $132 but it works and comes in a beutiful padded aluminum case and goes from 5 to 125 psi. We use Longacre tire gauge on our race car as do a lot of drag and NASCAR racers. They will put the dually head on it if you call them and ask them. Call Longacre Racing at 800.423.3110 and make sure you ask for Missy so you get the correct setup. Like I said this is expensive but is well worth. Can be used accurately at 30 psi for your cars or 110 psi for the motorhome. This will not break after one trip.

Click here for the specs: Longacre Racing - Online Catalog: Electronic Wheel Scales, Gauges, Pyrometers, Chassis Setup and More!
Got mine a year and 1/2 ago. Immediately sent it off to an independent calibration service. It was .1 lb off at 60/80/120 psi. I was very happy with that.
WeatherTodd is offline   Reply With Quote