Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2014, 08:51 AM   #1

Any good tire shop near Wichita Fall or Dallas, TX?

Hi,

I am looking to replace 295/80r22.5 Michies. I am looking for a good/reputable tire shop that carries, other brands such as Hankook, Toyos... in Dallas TX or Wichita Fall TX.

Does anyone know? Any recent experiences?

TIA
DDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2014, 10:01 AM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
I got two Continental HSLs at Southern Tire Mart in Tyler last Spring. Drive-thru, fresh tires in stock, toad stayed hooked up, back on the road in apx 30 min. They have locations in both Wichita Falls and Dallas. Another I have had car tire work done at is Cowser Tire off NE Loop 820 on N side of Ft Worth. They do big tires too.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:14 AM   #3

I second Southern Tire. I've used them for several years. Kent's Tire refused to warranty a Michelin on the DP that was out if round, took it to Southern (bought at Kent's) Southern took care of it with no problems. Their number is 940-761-1616.
Thebaldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:20 AM   #4

That is the Wichita Falls Southern Tire direct number. The 1 listed online goes to their corporate office.
Thebaldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:24 PM   #5

I bought six Hankook at Plano Tire. Could not justify the price of the Michelin based on the miles I drive per year. 275/70R22.5 Price out the door was $2896.35 which included a computer balance. They also inspect my DP every year and are very familiar with MH's. The # 972-423-5545, I dealt with Shane Allen. Address is 1516 N Central Xpressway, Plano 75074. If you get competitive pricing, see if they will meet if you want.
dls461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:03 PM   #6

Thanks y'all.

Dsl461 thanks for sharing the quote. Even though that tires seem a bit shorter than mine, like yourself I won't be driving much next few years. It seems like about 2 inches short but I just can't justify spending extra grand for something that I won't even drive a thousand miles a year.

When did you get the tires from them? What is the exact model of the tire?
Old 01-29-2014, 07:39 AM   #7

DDMA, the Hankook series is the AH12 model that I bought. I also got a quote from them on Michelin for $3451.63 + $185.00 for balancing but as previously stated, I don't drive enough to justify the extra expense. They carry other brands as well if you are interested. Just make sure they give you current date codes (within 6 mos) of your purchase. I replaced my Goodyear's that came on the MH. So far I have no complaints on the ride or noise of the Hankooks. Not sure what the cost will be on our size but I would'nt change sizes for better pricing! Good shopping. I bought mine in 05/13.
dls461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dls461 View Post
DDMA, the Hankook series is the AH12 model that I bought. I also got a quote from them on Michelin for $3451.63 + $185.00 for balancing but as previously stated, I don't drive enough to justify the extra expense. They carry other brands as well if you are interested. Just make sure they give you current date codes (within 6 mos) of your purchase. I replaced my Goodyear's that came on the MH. So far I have no complaints on the ride or noise of the Hankooks. Not sure what the cost will be on our size but I would'nt change sizes for better pricing! Good shopping. I bought mine in 05/13.
AH12 does seem to come in 295/75r22.5 close enough to 295/80r22.5.

Hopefully it is enough savings to justify moving from Michies.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:55 AM   #9

Anyone know a good rv tire dealer near Pitsburgh PA
Old 02-28-2014, 06:45 PM   #10

Love's Travel Stops have tire stores/shops to accommodate OTR trucks. Their main tire line is Michelin.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote