Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-05-2011, 12:16 PM   #43
DW and I are in our mid 40's. You are not alone. We always laugh when we are rolling down the road in the new Daybreak rockin the Alice in Chains, Cee Lo or RATM and realizing we are the only Class A in probably a 1000 mile circle what that on the stereo (New speakers going in over the weekend BTW).

I do see a big age gap between myself and what I consider the ave Class A RV'er. But its no big deal and doesn't stop me and the family from having a great time traveling the country and seeing this great land of our.

2011 Damon Daybreak 35DB
Robot9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2011, 01:07 PM   #44
Another problem we run into is we don't have any camping friends....its awesome to see all of the younger rv'ers out here....we rarely see anyone our age when we camp. I certainty hope to see you some of you this summer in our travels!

2008 Damon Challenger 376
EZ tow dolly
2015 dart GT
pacevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:55 PM   #45
Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
We are over 50, no wait, over 60 now (just turned60 Nov. 8) memory IS the first thing to go, no wait, vision is first. Anyway we weren't this old when we bought our first, on our 3rd. as of just 3 weeks ago. Already day dreaming about the next one. We also own a campground, we see all ages doing all kinds of camping. We have an older couple that come regularly in a tent, they are more a rarity than younger class A owners!
riverbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:02 PM   #46
My husband is 46 and I'm 62. We do alot of dry camping with our 4 legged kids and have gone fro pull trailers to fifth wheels to pull toyhaulers to 5th wheel toyhaulers. This is our 8th unit and we just took our first trip in it and it's the best rig ever. 5 years ago we said we'd never have a MH but alas here we are and love it. It doesn't matter the age, if you enjoy what you're doing, who cares what anyone else thinks!
contrarymary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:23 PM   #47
Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I am 49 3/4 and wife is 47. We have had our A for 5 years now and are going FT in 3 years. I want to get a DP, so I told my 30 year old son in law I will sell him my old Moho cheap. He said he is to young to drive an old guy motorhome. I said fine, you can just keep camping in your little tent.
2013 Itasca Ellipse 42 QD
2014 Jeep Wrangler
Full time in 2013
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:39 PM   #48
You could have organized this group earlier dude. I only have 7 months left.

44 when we got our first A class DW was younger... she still is. I will turn 50 this summer but I will lie about my age to stay a member of this group.
2008 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 340 Cummins
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:58 PM   #49
Fleetwood Owners Club
I am 46, wife is 43. Kids are 12 and 15. On our 3rd Class A in 6 years, and my current is a 41 ft. Diesel. We love every minute of it !
2010 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
Gary1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:58 PM   #50
Newmar Owners Club
We got our first class A at about 40 and just turned 50 this year and we love it. We only have our two spoiled dogs that will go with us. We still have a great time with just us. Good Luck JP
Just the Wife & Me and the Two Dogs!!
2011 Newmar Mountain Aire 4344 !!
450HP Cummins on a Freightliner Chassis !!
Mr JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:14 PM   #51
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Bought our first Motorhome when we were 35 and our children were 10 and 5 years old. Our friends all had 5th Wheels or Travel (bumper pull) Trailers. Seemed most people thought we borrowed the MH from one of our parents and there were many a campfire discussions about which was better for our age bracket. We traveled at least one weekend a month along with a 2 week summer trip and a 2 week 'Christmas in the Smokies' trip every year. We loved every moment we spent traveling and the kids couldn't wait for our next adventure, even if they had to complete all their homework as we left the driveway. We're just a little over 50, the kids are grown now (no grandkids yet) and the DW and I still love trips in the Motorhome - especially when the kids can get time off their busy schedules to go with us. We don't get the 'is that your folks rig?' question anymore when we travel, but still find we are on the lower end of the age scale for Motorhome owners.
Bob & Dian
2003 Pace Arrow 37A, Workhorse W-22, 2005 Saturn Vue
Clemmons, NC
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:22 PM   #52
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well, when we bought our Type B MH in 1988 we were under 50! In fact I was 41, then got our first Type C at 50, first Type A at 51. Now on our third Type A at 64.
Now with 9 grandkids, two of which we're raising, although the oldest (19) moved out a couple months ago.
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:12 PM   #53
Just bought our first DP at 44. We still have four kiddos at home and really enjoy using our Motorhome. I do have to say we are almost always the youngest folks in any park we go to.
2012 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
2005 Chevy Z71 Suburban
40GnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:19 AM   #54

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well I have 5 months left in the under 50 club, the DW has another 3 years , but we're with the rest of you (wish we bought our rv sooner club!). We just did the Disney camping thing without the kids just the 2 of us and we felt like teenagers, alot of people there our age doing the same.(Empty Nesters? Pre Gparents? Its All Good!)
John and Vicki,2004 Winne Vectra 350 Cummins, 10k lb Blu Ox tow bar , 04 Dodge Ram 1500 4wd toad
cmpncrsaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:08 AM   #55
I'm 35, the Wife is 30, and we travel (weekends only) with two girls aged 1 and 3 years. We have not yet been to a site where we were not adopted by the usually much older RV'ers...and I mean this in a good way. Really, really nice people with no exceptions to report. The more "experienced" have helped me with RV technical issues and I always find my way to offering physical motivation to their "heavier" items when packing up the basement to move on. It is a really good trade-off so long as my back holds up......once had a terrible experience with a marble and copper fire pit/grill setup. The thing should have come out of the crate with an inflatable forklift and driver, MIB style. Note: If you must have one; get a cheap stamped steel example.

We named our rig "training wheels" and that's exactly what it is. I have always been completely seduced by the common bus. I do have a pretty serious car addiction as well but I watch the busses courtesy of my older brother whose soft spot for road trains predated my own. "Hey, that's a Fishbowl, RTS, Silver Eagle, MCI, Prevost, Gillig, VanHool, Setra, etc. OK, so what if we were the weird kids Our goal is to cut our teeth on the Eagle while looking for the perfect late model Prevost, Silver Eagle, NeoPlan, or MCI shell. Then the real fun will begin. I have a group of craftsmen capable of a Marathon, Parliament, Angola, Liberty level conversion just waiting for the word "go" .....along with a pretty hefty check, I'm sure. Or, if finances allow and the right one comes along, I may shoot for a factory conversion.

By the time this goal is realized I will probably no longer qualify for the under 40, or maybe even under 50, club.

1994 American Eagle 38
Samdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:22 PM   #56
It's good to see plenty of other 40ish fulltimers out here. We are new fulltimers and definitely feel that we're in the minority at the campground where we're currently staying in So.Cal and the other campgrounds that we've checked out in the area. It seems that other young couples are tied to a stick'n'brick, kids, and all of the other encumberances that preclude the fulltime lifestyle.
We're fairly social creature and enjoy meeting as many new friends as possible, but we'd really enjoy meeting others our age with outdoor interests. If you're in SoCal this winter or between Sequioa and Tahoe this summer, give us a shout!

roaming is offline   Reply With Quote