Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2010, 04:42 PM   #1

Any other Trail-lite MH's out there?

We recently acquired a new-to-us 24' 2001 Trail-lite MH by R-vision with 14,000 original miles on it. Wanted something short & strong to pull my boats when needed and the price couldn't be beat, so... didn't do my research first and finding simple things like tail-light lenses is impossible, since mfg. ownership has changed through so many hands.
I've also noticed there aren't any posts here by other Trail-lite MH owners, just TT's. Are they still out there somewhere, or have they become extinct?
We're in the process of "re-vamping" this little coach and it's growing on me the more time I spend with it. Just put power mirrors on order and getting ready to replace the tub, toilet, sink, and faucet in the bathroom. After that comes the flooring in part of the coach (wife wants laminate), and HWH levellers from CW. Also looking to replace the 4L80E with a 5-speed Alison, but there's no rush on that one yet.
Wish me luck & if y'all run across more owners, send 'em my way please.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2010, 07:01 PM   #2

Dear Nature calls:
Before you sink serious bucks into an allison tranny you might want to rethink that one. Enjoy the unit for what it is, an entry level MH. The AC may not have duct work and be noisy, the window valences and cabinet doors may eventually go out of allignment or fall off. Water leaks can develop and continue to pop up in various parts of the unit and worst of all delamination can happen. Put only what you need to to keep it running is my advice and that is from a previous R-Vison TT owner. It was probably built on a Ford F53 and that is a good unit so you should get some years out of it before you get the bug to get something bigger. Congrats on your good deal and use the heck out of it.

Denis
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:26 AM   #3

We've got a 1999 P32 R-Vision Condor, 34-foot. It's not the fanciest rig in the world, but it certainly gets the job done for what we need.

I would agree with Denis' comments - do what you need to do for your safety and convenience, but I personally wouldn't sink a lot of money into it if it doesn't NEED it.

Four or five years ago when I bought this rig, I was told that R-Vision was then owned by Monaco. I don't know where that leaves the company now, though....

Jarrod
jigou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:18 PM   #4

It's on a P32 Workhorse chassis with an 8.1L and 4L80E transmission. Figured the Alison would hold up better pulling an 18' Boston Whaler around for crabbin' trips and such.