Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2015, 07:56 AM   #1

Any owners of th F/R Georgetown?

I have been looking at Rv's for a while and will be making a choice soon on what to buy. I have narrowed it down to several, including the Forest River Georgetown 270S. This is my first RV and will be traveling alone full timing. I will be towing a 6x12 enclosed motorcycle trailer so I don't want anything over 31 ft. I like the idea of this Azdel backer product and that F/R uses a fiberglass roof. Does anyone here own or have any experience with the Georgetown and are willing to share thoughts, (ie. handeling, gas mileage, major/minor problems, etc.)?

Thanks

Mark
markbo53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2015, 12:23 PM   #2

Mark, you will probably have more responses about the Georgetown on the Forest River Forums. There's a section there just for Georgetown RVs.
Campin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:57 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Mark and Welcome to the Forum!

Since they all (at least for the last few years) sit on a Ford F53 chassis, you can check out the Ford chassis sub-forum as well for things related to handling, mpg, chassis mods, etc.

Best of luck in your search!
Nick-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 02:01 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
we like ours 4 years 19000 miles
brianj
Old 03-04-2015, 03:24 PM   #5

Not sure what year you are looking at, but our 2004 326ds is still going strong, I think we have the last of the Georgetowns on the workhorse chassis.

We do not full time but spend about 3 months in it per year, not all at once. Our last trip was 8 weeks and 5200 miles.
coupevilleDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:23 PM   #6

My 06 has 33000 on it now and all is great. This trailer you are going to tow it isn't over 5000 lbs is it? The hitches on these are rated 5000lbs. Motorhome will tow it with no problem that V10 is a great motor.
jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 06:04 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Have you considered a toy hauler? Do without the trailer and still have enclosed garage.
Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 06:48 AM   #8

thanks for all of the replies. I will check out the other sections of the forum mentioned. I have looked at toy haulers, but would like a dedicated bed instead of a pullout sofa or a loft I have to climb in and out of. I am also looking at some class c's as well. It's just a lot to sort through. The trailer I'm pulling is right at 2700 pounds loaded. also, the year I was looking at for the Georgetown is a used 2014.

Mark
markbo53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow