Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2011, 04:40 PM   #1

Appalachian Campers
Any Rexhall Aerbus Owners Out There?

Hi Everybody,
We are new Class A owners. We just bought a 1994 Rexhall Aerbus 32' which is a step larger than our 23' Winnebago View. We are looking ahead to when we will full time and this length seemed a good way to step up a little larger. Just curious if an Aerbus owner's out there would like to share info with us. Just honest opinions. We're open to hearing the good, the bad, and the ugly about this Model. So all comments appreciated.
Thanks!
Jim&Cindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2011, 05:42 PM   #2

Welcome Cindy and Jim,

Owner's clubs are always a good source of info. There are links to the Rexhall owners clubs on the Rexhall website.

There is a site called Rexhall Tips that has a ton of Rexhall specific tips some with pictures and user's comments.

I've heard there is a Rexhall owners Yahoo site as well.

IMHO the most important difference between an Aerbus and other middle of the line RV's is the all welded steel coach framing. It makes it strong as a tank and almost as heavy. Based on tire ratings, my coach is overloaded if I try to haul anything at all. That's why I always use all steel reenforced tires (Michelins).

Assuming your 94 Aerbus has no slides, you may not have the same weight issue.

Good luck and happy trails.
jupoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:16 PM   #3

Rexhall Aerbus

Welcome! http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/rexhall_motorhomes/

This is the site for Rexhalls on yahoo. We have a '94 Aerbus, new to us, and we are loving it. We have completed a number of upgrades over the winter and we have more planned. Have not weighed us yet, but we plan to do so. You will find the forum full of info and photos. Sign on and you can ask questions and share info too.
southwoods46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:13 PM   #4

Appalachian Campers
Thanks!, I've now joined the group on yahoo too and I'll check out the Rexhall Tips site too.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:37 AM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Rexhall Aerbus-2000

We have one that we bought from the factory new, It is our second Rexhall motorhome after having an Airex bought new in 1987 - #105.

We lived in Lancaster CA and had opportunities to tour the factory (also toured the original one in Saugus, CA) and meet with Bill Rex. We have really enjoyed the stability, reliability and quality of the RV.
NeverGrowUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:57 AM   #6

Cindy,

I also own a 1994 Rexhall Aerbus and they are a terrific RV.

Coly
Colorado_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:10 PM   #7

Appalachian Campers
Thanks everybody! Has anyone made any modifications to their Aerbus? If so would you mind sharing and any pics???
Old 06-04-2011, 11:26 AM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Welcome Cindy & Jim! As you can see in my signature I am also a Rexhall fan. I invite you, and other Rexhall owners to consider the Rexhall RV Club (index) Membership is $10 and secretary Janice may have coupons for a complementary FMCA membership. There are regional Rexhall clubs across this great land. Again, welcome and... Happy Trails!!
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:51 PM   #9

HI! Just bought a '95 Rexhall Aerbus. super excited, as I will be using this full time, yet i cant seem to find the turn signal relay for it... Ford superduty chassis, but no luck so far. Love the RV though....
Lawdawg5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:41 AM   #10

We nearly bought on '01 last year, but my Boeing conscience couldn't really wrap itself around anything called an Aerbus, even though the spelling is different from our European competitor.

We got an '02 Georgetown instead, similarly equipped, a third of the mileage, 1/5th the hours on the generator and $8000 cheaper!
Old 10-31-2011, 05:33 PM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
Happy with Airbus

Hi, I to am new to the Airbus (1998). Had a 1995 Holiday Rambler before.
When I started looking for a newer RV I spotted the Airbus. Never even heard of one before. my wife loved the floor plan right away and said she
thought she could live in this one. It's 35.5ft with a slide, I also go to 'Yahoo groups" for Rexhall owners. It's very helpful. I live in eastern Ohio and I've only had it out for two nights at the KOA in Buckeye Lake,OH
Jim
redtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:47 PM   #12

Rexhall Owners Group
I also have a Rexhall but it's a 1997 Rolls Air A3400. We just bought it this year. It has 25,000 miles and 500 hours on Diesel gen set. So far we like it very much but have little to compare too as our previous RV's were trailers.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:57 PM   #13

Had a 95 XL3000 Arebus, on the F53 chassis, other than some brake issues at around 60,000 miles it was a great coach, the only thing I didn't like was the east/west bed was to close to the back of the coach and had to scoot of the end . Put the complete Banks system on at 29,000 miles when I bought it. Traded it in with 94,000 in 07 when we bought our present coach new.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:20 PM   #14

Forest River Owners Club
7,000 miles in 2011 - update.

Just got home from our latest trip with our Aerbus -2000 BSL3550 - and am very pleased with the new tires I bought. I had 12 year old Goodyear G159's which came on it new- and yes, that was WAY TOO OLD to trust. I did the research, checked the forums, and most recommend the latest Goodyears of G670 or G647 at $3,000. I have a good friend who sells several major brands, and he put my on Firestone FS560 plus. At $2,100 for six, I saved enough for a trip accross the country (one way)

The Firestones are so superior to the Goodyears that it was a real joy to drive. It rides smoother, steers straighter and easier, and handles very well in heavy rain. I say smooth riding, but there are parts of I-40 (Aarkansas, Oklahoma) that the word smooth is NOT in the dictionary- - -(thanks obama for the shovel ready road projects)
NeverGrowUp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aerbus, class a, full time, newbies, rexhall