Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2013, 09:58 AM   #15
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I fully agree with others that good access when the slides are in is VERY important! I would have no hesitation asking the dealer to put the slides in!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2013, 10:18 AM   #16

Photos of slides in and out

I just posted interior pictures of our coach with slides in and out here:

Slides or NO Slides??

We checked out a coach and were serious about buying until we learned that you couldn't go to the bathroom with the slides in. So you should definitely ask to see it with slides in. If you test drive, which I assume you will, they'll have to go in anyway.

Ours is fully accessible except because of the bedroom slide, you cannot reach the bureau drawers with slides in.

It is also for sale!

Old 05-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Also pay attention to where you might store pet supplies, if you have pets. Our friends realized that all the dog treats, food, etc. were inaccessible when they traveled with slides in. Had to find a new place
sparkydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I, for one, would not get a coach that did not have clear access to kitchen, dinning room, bathroom and the bedroom. I have been camping on a very bad rainy and very windy days...pulled in all my slides to keep the RV from rocking and the slide toppers from rolling out and in again and again. Lived the night with the RV closed up and everything was accessible...just tight. Also if your leaving the next day and it is snowing...ya got to pull in the slides...slide toppers with a snow load on them DO not roll up well.
Good luck.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:41 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegd007 View Post
Also if your leaving the next day and it is snowing...ya got to pull in the slides...slide toppers with a snow load on them DO not roll up well.
Good luck.
Yeah. Learned that the hard way. And going on the roof to "sweep" them off is slippery!
Old 05-03-2013, 05:00 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
On our first RV, a TT, made the mistake of not looking at it with slides closed, so impressed with the roominess. Couldn't get to the back from the front with slides in. There will be those times that you are trying to move around in it with them closed, so very important
jimroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #21

I'm amazed by the the things that don't occur to us. The last thing we want at this point is inconvenience.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:35 AM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
That's the cool thing about this forum, there's a thousand people that have been there and done that, and are happy to share. Good luck in your search.
sparkydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Have the slides moved in and out so you know what you will actually have. If the dealer won't do it, move on. You need access to stuff when the slides are closed. With our floorplan, we can move around, eat, sleep, shower, watch tv and such with the 2 slides retracted. Hopefully you will find the floorplan that works for you. Good luck with your search for the perfect home.
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
calhyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4tfamily View Post
I just posted interior pictures of our coach with slides in and out here:

Slides or NO Slides??

We checked out a coach and were serious about buying until we learned that you couldn't go to the bathroom with the slides in. So you should definitely ask to see it with slides in. If you test drive, which I assume you will, they'll have to go in anyway.

Ours is fully accessible except because of the bedroom slide, you cannot reach the bureau drawers with slides in.

It is also for sale!
It appears that your bedroom is not accessible with the slides in. Is this right?
SNAPPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPPY View Post
It appears that your bedroom is not accessible with the slides in. Is this right?
Bathroom and bedroom are completely accessible.

Under the picture it says:

"Though it may not look like it, you CAN get to the bathroom and bedroom in back very easily, and you can obviously watch TV while driving."

Hmmm...I answered this on the other thread, which makes me think I should remove that picture from my FOR SALE ad so people don't assume. I guess I shouldn't assume people will read my captions! lol!
Old 05-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #26

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Bathroom and bedroom are completely accessible.

Under the picture it says:

"Though it may not look like it, you CAN get to the bathroom and bedroom in back very easily, and you can obviously watch TV while driving."

Hmmm...I answered this on the other thread, which makes me think I should remove that picture from my FOR SALE ad so people don't assume. I guess I shouldn't assume people will read my captions! lol!
I looked at your pictures thoroughly and I have to tell you it looks like the slide completely shuts off the back part of the coach from the TV on! I see no daylight there at all.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by csrrsr View Post
I looked at your pictures thoroughly and I have to tell you it looks like the slide completely shuts off the back part of the coach from the TV on! I see no daylight there at all.
Well, that settles it! I'm definitely removing the picture from the ad.

I guess you'll have to take my (or any other 40x owners out there?) word for it that there's plenty of room to walk through that area without squeezing/turning sideways, etc. I know. I've made the trip many times. Not reaching the toilet would've been a deal breaker for me!
Old 05-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Yeah. Learned that the hard way. And going on the roof to "sweep" them off is slippery!
I carry a step ladder in the basement so if I got to get up higher to do anything even cleaning the windows